I'm inactive.

.... zymurgy ....

I'm inactive.

... or 'zyxt'

(for the pedantic)

I'm Josie.

It should be best of 3... lol

And whoever loses gets their teeth kicked in... HAHA
    Ultrafide U500DC power amplifier - Croft Vitale )highly modified) - TRIO L-07D Turntable - Denon DL103C1 - Funk Firm Houdini - Lentek MC head amp - 15" Tannoy Monitor Gold Loudspeakers in Lockwood Major cabinets (From Trident Studios) - Tannoyista SPEC 3 Custom Crossovers - VanDamme Black Speaker Cable

Tannoyista.com

Facebook

I'm openingabottleofwine.

Quote Originally Posted by mikmas View Post
    ... or 'zyxt'

(for the pedantic)
    Is this your attempt to have the last word?
    Barry

I'm Shane.

Quote Originally Posted by Bigman80 View Post
    More desperate ploys by the remoaners.

To not carry out the will of the voting majority, however marginal, is to end the democratic society our ancestors fought to build, and one we fight to maintain.

Whether you agree or disagree with the result, its irrelevant.

The country had ample time to educate themselves on the subject before placing their vote. If they didn't do it, they only have themselves to blame if they are now unhappy with the decision they made when they voted.

There should be NO 2nd referendum and the remoaners should get on with their lives. The sour grapes of the remoaners makes me sick. This is a land of democracy, if you don't like it, move out of it.

We ARE leaving the EU. The decision has been made by the Majority .

Written from someone who is completely sick of the behaviour of the remoaners.
    I’m sorry but that simply isn’t the case. 17 million out of 65.6 million is only slightly more than one in four. A small minority voted for, and a slightly smallest minority voted against. A far larger number than either either couldn’t vote or didn’t bother. Of those that didn’t bother, quite a few assumed that remain was a foregone conclusion, and of those that couldn’t vote, many were below voting age and will be more deeply affected than any of us. The vast majority of those between 16 and 18 would have voted remain.

There should a second referendum, the voting age should be lowered to sixteen, and most importantly, voting should be compulsory, with an option on the ballot paper to express no preference if that is your considered opinion.

It’s such an insult to the memory of all those who fought and died over centuries for the right to vote to simply not bother.
    Time flies like an arrow.
    Fruit flies like a banana.

I'm Martin.

Those who didn't vote don't count either way, you can only express a majority as a percentage of those who actually voted.

As far as letting children vote that would be a disaster. I'd raise the voting age to 25. No-one under 25 has got a bloody clue about anything, they've barely even opened their eyes at that age, especially these days were they get wrapped in cotton wool for their whole childhood.
    Current Lash Up:

TEAC VRDS 701T > Sony TAE1000ESD > Krell KSA50S > JM Labs Focal Electra 926.

I'm Geoff.

Quote Originally Posted by Macca View Post
    As far as letting children vote that would be a disaster. I'd raise the voting age to 25. No-one under 25 has got a bloody clue about anything, they've barely even opened their eyes at that age, especially these days were they get wrapped in cotton wool for their whole childhood.
    Damn right. When I think back to how I and my pals were until into our twenties. Pretty clueless about important things really and I was a sight smarter than most. My daughter was the same.

I'm Shane.

Nope, you’re quite right. Sixteen year-olds shouldn’t be allowed to vote at all. They’re old enough to marry, have kids, enlist and die for their country (as many did 100 years ago) but they’re definitely not capable of rational thought. Same’s true for old people. Stuck in their ways, out of touch with the modern world, badly educated decades ago and probably senile. Don’t let pensioners anywhere near a ballot paper! And as for women, well, let’s face it, they’re a pretty flakey lot, aren’t they? Best not let them vote. Far better to leave the voting to people with experience, who’ve made a success of their lives, who understand the ways of the world and had a good education. People like Cameron, Gove, Johnson and Rees-Mogg. People of integrity that you can trust to make the right decision on behalf of us poor innocents.
    Time flies like an arrow.
    Fruit flies like a banana.

Yatsushiro Guest

Quote Originally Posted by walpurgis View Post
    "THE PEOPLE" are largely........the public at large. Many being part of an ill educated rabble who don't buy newspapers or read (if they can) any other source of information. At a guess, I'd say maybe 50% of the population are totally incapable of understanding anything more demanding than a betting slip.
    I assume you made a typo, in that you meant maybe 5%? If not, perhaps you need to widen your circle of friends/acquaintances.

I'm Geoff.

That had me going there for a moment. I enjoy humour.

Closed Thread
Page 6 of 15 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast