+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Korato V4 valve power amp.

I'm Brook.

Default Korato V4 valve power amp.

I am putting this ad up on behalf of Jack (Non-Smoking Man). He cannot remember his password here so any enquiries should be sent to me. The amp is at mine & I am able to demo if required (BH22 9BW).

The following text is in Jacks words.

The Korato V4 is a single ended valve amp using two (piggybacked) EL 84 output valves per channel. The signal valves are RCA Clear Tops (12AU7) and Mullard AT7s. The EL84s are rugged and Russian.

There is a volume pot (alps, I believe) on the front.

I have had this amp for about 3 years and it has been extremely reliable and fuss-free. Its not had a great deal of use as I have been rotating power amps in my domestic system for a while whilst collecting the 5 I need for my 5 way horn system. The horn system is balanced throughout as is my domestic system now so this unbalanced amp is surplus to requirements.

Im asking 500 pounds. Since buying this from Greengoblin for 450 I've upgraded all 8 valves to good effect. I've left them in.

Speaking for myself I will add that I have heard this amp in a few systems including my own for a while & it sounds very nice indeed & gave my own modified Art Quintet a run for it's money.

Last edited by speedracer; 17-07-2018 at 14:59.

I'm Matt.

Hi how many watts per channel does the amp deliver?

I'm Brook.

Hi Matt, I believe it is 10 watts per channel, which might sound low but believe me it is not lacking grunt at all. The owner lives in Lancing so not far if you fancy listening to it?

I'm inthescottishmafia.

Presumably a Parallel Single Ended amp then?
    “Music has always been a matter of energy to me, a question of fuel. Sentimental people call it inspiration, but what they really mean is fuel. I have always needed fuel. I am a serious consumer. On some nights I still believe that a car with the gas needle on empty can run about fifty more miles if you have the right music very loud on the radio”

Hunter S Thompson

I'm Alan.

Says so in the description Ali - single ended valve amp using two (piggybacked) EL 84 output valves per channel.

I'm Lawrence.

Quote Originally Posted by Firebottle View Post
    Says so in the description Ali - single ended valve amp using two (piggybacked) EL 84 output valves per channel.
    That would depend on what piggybacked means, I've never heard it used as a technical term!

Sent from my BLN-L21 using Tapatalk

I'm Brook.

The technical side is way over my head but I have asked the owner if he can give more details so will update when he does so.

I'm Brook.

Ali it seems that very simply it is a way of doubling the output without resorting to push pull.

I'm Brook.

Gentle bump & a price drop, now £475 plus delivery.

I'm Brook.

This is now sold.

+ Reply to Thread