+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Break in time of v-dac

I'm David.

Default Break in time of v-dac

Anyone got any ideas of how long befor I should expect a musical fidelity v-dac to sound at it's best?
    I borrowed one from work to see what all the fuss is about ...
    How come despite it aparently upjobbing (technical term) to 24/192 it can't accept a 24/192 signal?
    CS Port TAT2 - Benz LPS - Funkfirm Houdini - DS Audio Vinyl Ionizer - CS Port C3EQ - Kondo G70 - Kondo Gakuoh II - Maxonic TW1100 MKII - Isol-8 SubStation Integra

I'm David.

Ooo I'm passed 3000 posts now...
    CS Port TAT2 - Benz LPS - Funkfirm Houdini - DS Audio Vinyl Ionizer - CS Port C3EQ - Kondo G70 - Kondo Gakuoh II - Maxonic TW1100 MKII - Isol-8 SubStation Integra

I'm notAlone.

Quote Originally Posted by hamish View Post
    Anyone got any ideas of how long befor I should expect a musical fidelity v-dac to sound at it's best?
    I borrowed one from work to see what all the fuss is about ...
    How come despite it aparently upjobbing (technical term) to 24/192 it can't accept a 24/192 signal?
    There's a "fuss" about the V-Dac ? I was not conscious of this...

Well, people I know haven't mentioned any significant burn-in improvements. I guess it's a couple of days, as usually for this kind of stuff.

What do you mean "it can't accept a 24/192 signal" ?
    Dimitri.

In a time of deceit telling the truth is a revolutionary act.
    George Orwell

I'm David.

The mags seem to think it's pretty good.. I certainly wasn't talking about fuss round these parts... Just thought since I have the oportunity I'd get my own ears round one! Here's a piccy, just for the hell of it really..

I'm notAlone.

Pretty good ? To me it's normal dac for its price. A bit too sweet, but lots of oversampling dacs are sweet, in fact.
    Well, what do you think compared to the Caiman that is next to it ?
    Dimitri.

George Orwell

Location: A Strangely Isolated Place in Suffolk with Far Away Trains Passing By...

I'm David.

Hamish mate, it'll take as long as you take to get used to it to "run in..." Can't say anyone else will believe that, but that's my opinion...
    Tear down these walls; Cut the ties that held me
    Crying out at the top of my voice; Tell me now if you can hear me

I'm ILOB.

so guess it out performs Duncs dac
    Loves anything from Pain of Salvation to Jeff Buckley to Django to Sarasate to Surinder Sandhu to Shawn Lane to Nick Drake to Rush to Beth Hart to Kate Bush to Rodrigo Y Gabriela to The Hellecasters to Dark Sanctury to Ben Harper to Karicus to Dream Theater to Zero Hour to Al DiMeola to Larry Carlton to Derek Trucks to Govt Mule to?

Humour: One of the few things worth taking seriously

Location: A Strangely Isolated Place in Suffolk with Far Away Trains Passing By...

I'm David.

Technically, it may do in all honesty, but then again.................
    Tear down these walls; Cut the ties that held me
    Crying out at the top of my voice; Tell me now if you can hear me

I'm notAlone.

Quote Originally Posted by DSJR View Post
    Hamish mate, it'll take as long as you take to get used to it to "run in..." Can't say anyone else will believe that, but that's my opinion...
    I tend to agree. This kind of SS design hasn't have much room for much burn-in.
    Unless someone reports the contrary, I consider that it can be replaced by "warming".
    Dimitri.

George Orwell

+ Reply to Thread