+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Moving coil with silky top end

I'm Jason.

Quote Originally Posted by stevied View Post
    Audio Technica AT 33sa moving coil

Not quite sure how they make this so good for the price I recommend it highly.
    I agree that the 33 series are exceptional carts for the money. And they have a very detailed yet refined top end to them. I’d love to hear the ART1000; it’s getting amazing reviews.
    ----------------------
    Before you criticise a man, walk a mile in his shoes. Then, when you do - you'll be a mile away. And have his shoes.

Wavy grooves go thru a RigB 540ML on an SL1500C. Digits stream from a cheapie CDP and a Sonos, into a Yamaha 803D driving Kralk Audio little 'uns. I used to have a Linn but I'm better now.

I'm John.

Quote Originally Posted by martian sunrise View Post
    Which MFA are you using?
    Sorry for the delayed reply.
    I'm using the copper wound, classic baby SUT (into phonostage of my MasterSound PHL5 Pre). Did try the 632 but whilst it beat my IA PS3.SE hands down with better bass, detail and musicality, the Classic was far superior in all areas. If your near the South Coast your more than welcome to come and have a listen.

I'm Richie.

Great - thanks. I get to Bosham and Goodwood quite a bit. I’ll drop you a line.

I'm Ralph.

Having had both AT33 and Benz Ace twice over I kept the Benz, by far the nicer of the two in my system. I also happen to have an Eroica, bought from a member here to keep as a spare and I was quite surprised when I decided to use it. I wouldn’t swap it for an AT33 tbh.
    Ralph.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123