+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Turntable dilema

I'm Bruce.

Default Turntable dilema

Hello,

After spending the last 18 months rekindling my love of vinyl, I have the opportunity to start to upgrade the 80's kit that I recovered from my loft.

I have been looking at turntables and started off with a budget of 600-800 but that has crept up to 1000-1200.

I had done quite a bit of research and decided on the Clearaudio Concept with the MM cart at around £1195

However, a visit to Audio T and I got talked up to Rega Planar 6 with the Ania MC cart at £1469 or the Exact MM at £1259

Then a visit to Sevenoaks and was recommended the Project RPM 5 carbon at £1295 with the Ortofon Bronze MM, however, Audiovisual Online have a deal with the RPM and Quintet Bronze MC at £1224

I am going to get the NAIM NAIT 5SI and stick with my Ditton 33 speakers for the time being. I have a NAD phono which has a switchable MM/MC

I am confused and not sure which to go with. They all seem very good, the Concept for its simple design and ease of use, the Rega with separate PSU and seems to have good build quality and the RPM for value considering the deal with Audiovisual.

I would very much appreciate some guidance on these or should I be looking at something else in my price bracket?

Right now it would be the RPM deal at Audiovisual but go back to Sevenoaks and see what they can do on a deal pperhaps.

Thank you for reading this far.

Cheers
    Bruce

Bigman80 Guest

Just go and buy this or the silver. Difficult to improve on this turntable unless you go 1210G or SP10 MK2 or above.

https://www.superfi.co.uk/p-19424-te...turntable.aspx

https://www.bicestermusicandlighting...er-15273-p.asp
    Last edited by Bigman80; 13-07-2018 at 09:30.

I'm Dave.

P6 with Ania or Exact depending on budget. I've not heard anything close at the price.

I'm Clive.

What is your existing TT and do you have to buy new?
    TT 1 Trans-Fi Salvation with magnetic bearing + Trans-Fi Terminator T3Pro + London Reference
    TT 2 Garrard 301 with NWA main bearing + Audiomods Series Six 10.5" + Ortofon 2M Mono SE
    Digital Lindemann Bridge + Gustard R26 with LB external clock
    Pre and Power Amp EWA M40P + M40A
    Bass Amp & DSP Behringer iNuke NU3000DSP x 2
    Speakers 1 Bastanis Sagarmatha Duo with twin baffleless 15" bass drivers per side
    Speakers 2 MarkaudioSota Viotti Tower

I'm Bruce.

Its a Technics SLBD20.
    I did look at used but prefer to get a new one as I have always bought used kit and it is time for a change.

montesquieu Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Bigman80 View Post
    Just go and buy this or the silver. Difficult to improve on this turntable unless you go 1210G or SP10 MK2 or above.

https://www.superfi.co.uk/p-19424-te...turntable.aspx

https://www.bicestermusicandlighting...er-15273-p.asp
    +1. The new Techie is a no-brainer at that budget.

Bigman80 Guest

Absolutely. Just get it done and be happy
    Quote Originally Posted by montesquieu View Post
    +1. The new Techie is a no-brainer at that budget.

I'm Bruce.

Thank you for the suggestion, I will have a look into it but I'm going to be £1600+ with the Technics and that's probably too much at the moment

Bigman80 Guest

Quote Originally Posted by bonus View Post
    Thank you for the suggestion, I will have a look into it but I'm going to be £1600+ with the Technics and that's probably too much at the moment
    Why? Just use your current cartridge until funds allow an upgrade.

Seriously, the other TTs won't compete with the Techy.

It's your decision but I'd strongly suggest at least getting a Demo before deciding.

Good luck with the choice!

If you want a left field suggestion, a Sony PS-X70 or PS-X65 Will be as good as any of the others, if not better.

Just my opinion of course.

I'm Mike.

Pick up a good 2nd hand Rega P whatever on line, stick an Audiomods series 5 arm on it and ortofon or nagaoka cart job done!!

As the late Colonel Sanders once said
    "I'm too drunk to taste this chicken!!"

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast