+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Hello

I'm Ron.

Cool Hello

Hi All I'm Festybloke,

My name comes from my love of festivals and live music, especially my involvement and participation with Glastonbury Festival since about 1980.

My set up is an old but decent starter system, an upgraded Rega Planar 3 (new motor, baring, belts and platter mat) with a Nagoaka MP11 cartridge (tested with MP11, MP11 Boron and MP110 stylus') , NAD 3020 Amp, Denon cassette deck, Sony CD player and KEF Coda 3 speakers. I'm still a vinyl junkie with a fairly large mixed collection of genres. Favourite bands include The The, New Model Army, The Jam, Cocteau Twins, Dylan, The Who and many more. I've just fixed an old Rega Planar 3 that had a few problems, but now runs properly and souds great with a brand new Rega Carbon cartridge, but could obviously sound much better with more money thrown at it, but I just enjoyed making it work properly again.

I'm openingabottleofwine.

Welcome to AoS Ron,

Nice introduction. You have put together a nice little system - and, as you say, it's always satisfying to repair/refurbish classic audio gear.

Enjoy the Forum
    Barry
    Barry

I'm Geoff.

Hello Ron. Welcome to AOS.

Tell us what future plans you may have for your Hi-Fi system if any.

Feel free to join in the chat, there's plenty going on and everybody is friendly.

Enjoy the forum,
    Geoff.

I'm Dave.

Hi Ron, welcome to AOS. Enjoy the forum.
    Kraken, Saturn, Emotion, Flying V Rocket, Planets.

I'm Steve.

Hi Ron, welcome to AoS,

Someone into The The, nice! Not played that stuff for a long time, I'm gonna dig out my vinyl copies of 'Soul Mining' and 'Infected'. I'm hoping you can visit 'Abstact Chat' sometime and give us some Glastonbury stories. I imagine you'll have a few.

Regards, Ste.
    I just dropped in, to see what condition my condition was in

T/T: Inspire Monarch, X200 tonearm, Ortofon Quintet Blue. Phono: Project Tube Box CD: Marantz CD6006 (UK Edition); Amp: Musical Fidelity A5 Integrated.
    Speakers: Zu Omen Def, REL T9i subwoofer. Cables: Atlas Equator interconnects, Atlas Hyper 3.0 speaker cables

T'other system:
    Echo Dot, Amptastic Mini One,Arcam A75 integrated, Celestion 5's, BK XLS-200 DF

A/V:
    LG 55" OLED, Panasonic Blu Ray, Sony a/v amp, MA Radius speakers, REL Storm sub

Forget the past, it's gone. And don't worry about the future, it doesn't exist. There is only NOW.

KICKSTARTER: ENABLING SCAMMERS SINCE 2009

+ Reply to Thread