+ Reply to Thread

Thread: WANTED: Goldring 1042 Stylus (D42)

I'm Barry.

Default WANTED: Goldring 1042 Stylus (D42)

Long shot I know, but it's worth the ask. A few years ago I bought this cart from a fellow AoS'er.

After an unfortunate incident involving some sticky stuff, a loupe and me being borderline visually impaired, the stylus is KIA. I was almost KIA when I saw the price of a replacement

Does any happen to have either a D42 stylus or a 1042 cart with stylus they're willing to sell? Obviously I'd rather buy just the stylus, but I'm equally happy to buy the whole setup and maybe move the cart on.
    ..all the good music has already been written by people with wigs and stuff...

Frank Zappa

I'm Barry.

Forgot to say I'm also scoping the horizon for an Ortofon OM 10 or 20 or 30 or 40 (stylus only).

Again, if anybody has one they no longer need to prop up the corner of their bookshelf...

Frank Zappa

Location: A Strangely Isolated Place in Suffolk with Far Away Trains Passing By...

I'm David.

Styli are still available new you know

An OM Super cartridge would be a little more subtle away from say, a Rega deck than a stock OM body, but to do full justice to the 30 and 40 styli, I'd seriously make sure the body was a 'Super' one first, as highs are really a fair bit cleaner. An OM10 in basic body is a brightly lit rough old nail now and the 20 can be too if you ain't careful...
    Tear down these walls; Cut the ties that held me
    Crying out at the top of my voice; Tell me now if you can hear me

I'm Barry.

I know they are available - just trying to save ££

Fair point about the OM Super. I inherited an OM 5 cart/stylus with a Sony TT I picked up for £30 at the charity shop, so am looking to experiment, hence not wanting to spring for new stylii.

Frank Zappa

I'm James.

I've got an complete 1040 cart & stylus sitting forlornly on the shelf if you're interested? It's the earlier version of the cart with a Van Den Hul profile rather than the Gyger-S. It's not had much use as I have some nice MC's, only really being used when I fancied a play with something different. Would take £100 delivered?
    Nottingham Analogue Spacedeck / Kuzma Stogi S / Benz Micro Ace S L
    Lenco L-75 / Carl Ellis Plinth / Ortofon AS-212 / Ortofon SPU Classic GM E MkII
    Ortofon ST-7 SUT / Nick G Modded Lentek Head Amp / Croft RIAA

Cambridge Audio CXU / Theta DS Pro Prime

Classé Model 30 / Luxman M-383

Usher Compass X-719

May contain opinions that others find disturbing.

+ Reply to Thread