+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Turntable

I'm Luis.

I was considering 600 euros for a used one. Maybe rega rp3 or planar 3 ( is there a diference?) From Pro ject I also would not mind. What model does benchmark the Rega?

Enviado do meu HTC_M10h através do Tapatalk

I'm Bikram.

Yes, rega planar 3 is a old model compare to RP3. You can get decent turntable on that money. I have a spare rega planar 3, let me know if you are interested. I will send you the pictures later....
    Technics SL1200 mk2 turntable ( Rewired tonearm with cardas 33awg cable) Ortofon 2m blue cartridge. Thorens TD 160 super (Decca london international tonearm and Decca Brown/export cartridge/stylus). Audiolab 8000Q Pre-amplifier with Audiolab 8000P power amplifier. Rega planet 2000 cd player. Pioneer cassette deck CT-S740S. Quad 21L speakers. Moth RCM mk1.

I'm Dave.

The excellent new Planar-3 is within your budget.

I'm Alex.

Quote Originally Posted by walpurgis View Post
    I picked up a decent Pioneer PL-12D pretty cheaply about a year ago, partly from nostalgia and for something to play with. You know what? It makes music! It's a very cheap way of playing records decently enough, ideal for somebody who just wants to spin the occasional LP. And they just go on forever with no issues, just a new belt every few years and a drop of oil now and then.
    I bought one of these second hand, must be over 35 years ago, agreed, it does very well, the later PL-512 is just as good, and even quieter than the already quiet PL-12D, from the rumble point of view.
    Spendorman

I'm Paul.

Quote Originally Posted by walpurgis View Post
    I picked up a decent Pioneer PL-12D pretty cheaply about a year ago, partly from nostalgia and for something to play with. You know what? It makes music! It's a very cheap way of playing records decently enough, ideal for somebody who just wants to spin the occasional LP. And they just go on forever with no issues, just a new belt every few years and a drop of oil now and then.
    Seconded.
    I bought one for a tenner for an ex and was stunned how good it was.
    Linn Sondek LP12, Ittok, AT-F7
    Schiit Mani MK1 Phono Pre-Amp
    Nobsound NS-08P Bluetooth pre-amp
    Marantz CD5004 CD Player
    Pure DAB tuner
    2 x Meridian 205 monoblock power amps
    Tannoy T225 "Mayfair" speakers
    www.paulridgeblog.com

I'm Nuno.

Quote Originally Posted by SantanaCorreia View Post
    I was considering 600 euros for a used one. Maybe rega rp3 or planar 3 ( is there a diference?)
    You have the RP3(old model) for 599€ in http://www.supersonido.es/p/rega-rp3...dition-2m-blue. with na Ortofon cartridge. The new model is the Planar 3 that costs 689€ without cartridge.The Planar 3 is excelent.
    Here is the Rega dealer www.audioteam.pt

I'm Luis.

Quote Originally Posted by nbaptista View Post
    You have the RP3(old model) for 599€ in http://www.supersonido.es/p/rega-rp3...dition-2m-blue. with na Ortofon cartridge. The new model is the Planar 3 that costs 689€ without cartridge.The Planar 3 is excelent.
    Here is the Rega dealer www.audioteam.pt
    I knew that spanish store. But many thanks.

I believe I will go for the planar 3 or rp3.

If I find a good used deal better.

I'm Nuno.

And why not a Planar 2?

I'm Nat.

Quote Originally Posted by SantanaCorreia View Post
    Dear friends,

I was never a big fan of turntablea but my wife has some discs and wanted to play them and start maybe collecting the albuns we like the most.

So, I thought about going for a used turntable and a phono stage.

What should I consider?

Hold on your wife WANTS YOU to buy a record player!!! Small wonder you married her. My Mrs actually bought me one of the very first USB decks about ten years ago to digitise my old records and started up this whole sorry mess.

I'm Nat.

If you are prepared to buy used then the Linn Axis is a pretty decent deck and can be had for around £250.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12