+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: FS: Audio Music TVC

I'm Lawrence.

Default FS: Audio Music TVC

Great sounding Chinese TVC. Costs about £500 imported from ebay, beautifully constructed and weighty. Selling as it doesn't have the synergy with my new Yamaha power amp that it did with my class d amp. (Having already sold a valve pre, and possibly a Parasound to come.)

It has a slight flaw on the 0db setting in that sometimes the right channel is quiet for a minute until it "warms up" then it works fine. It's always fine on the +6db setting which is the one I use anyway. I can't understand what would cause this (any ideas??). Also, one very high volume level (which I would never use) doesn't work on the 0db setting on the right channel for some reason. IIRC it works on the +6db setting but I wouldn't risk turning it up that far!

Cosmetically it's in near perfect condition. Given the minor flaws mentioned above, that can be ignored if you just use the 6db setting, I'm happy to take £140 for it. Collection from North London please. I would consider postage at cost and buyer's risk.

Sent from my BLN-L21 using Tapatalk
    Last edited by Lawrence001; 08-07-2018 at 08:47.

I'm Lawrence.

Forgot to say, it has 33 steps. Other details are available in this listing for the single input version (mine has 2):

https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?m...2F192229314729

I'm Dan.

Hi Lawrence, are u sure this was branded as Audio Music? The reason I ask is because they only make one passive
    http://www.am-hiend.com/product/r-s.html
    I use one of the RT preamps and they are incredible units btw

I'm Lawrence.

That's what the eBay listing said. The transformers (and volume selectors IIRC) look exactly the same as the internal shots of the expensive Audio Music pres I've seen. I assumed they had come from the same factory

I'm Lawrence.

The selectors look the same as the ones in this review, except that has two stereo selectors and 4 trafos being true balanced.

https://www.tnt-audio.com/ampli/am_rs_e.html

And if you look at the transformers in this review, they look the same but without the AM decal on the top.

http://www.6moons.com/audioreviews/audiomusic/1.html

If they are the same, it clearly represents a complete bargain. I find it too revealing in my system compared to my Django for example, which would explain why AM add tube buffers and stuff to their pres.

Last edited by Lawrence001; 08-07-2018 at 10:58.

I'm Dan.

If they are using parts from AM then this will be an incredible bargain, if u can play with it and a tube buffer adds the tonality ur after, I’d imagine it would be a winner! A very interesting u it I must say!

I'm Lawrence.

Quote Originally Posted by loosend View Post
    If they are using parts from AM then this will be an incredible bargain, if u can play with it and a tube buffer adds the tonality ur after, I’d imagine it would be a winner! A very interesting u it I must say!
    Yes that's a good point I'll have a play with it with my croft set to unity gain, that might give me a feel for how a proper tube buffer would sound. Sale on hold for a short while.

I'm Mike.

Have pm'd you Lawrence, just in case you decide to sell again
    Less bling, more integrity ©Spenagio

I'm Lawrence.

Quote Originally Posted by Idlewithnodrive View Post
    Have pm'd you Lawrence, just in case you decide to sell again
    I probably will sell it, just want to make sure I'm not missing a trick before I go ahead. Will know if a bit of valve magic brings back the synergy by the middle of the week.

I'm Mike.

Less bling, more integrity ©Spenagio

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast