+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Quadraspire QKAV cabinet with lockable glass doors

I'm Lawrence.

Default Quadraspire QKAV cabinet with lockable glass doors

Perfect for anyone who has children (or grandchildren/visitors) and wants to keep the hifi safe. The glass doors can be folded into the sides when in use, or left closed as remotes work through the glass. Wide enough for two components per shelf, and deep enough for big power amps. 2 glass shelves plus the wooden base, so 6 standard width components can be fitted in total. Very strong too as it's designed to hold big AV amps.

In excellent condition, nice oak veneer. This one comes with the flat feet rather than the dodgy castors. Collection from North London, you'll probably need at least an estate car I'd imagine.

Asking for £300, these were £1200 new.

Here's some information off the net.

The QKAV cabinet is made of MDF with a thickness of 15 mm and 25 mm

QK cabinet doors of 6 mm tempered glass, transparent or sandblasted, have latches and can be retracted into the side walls

2 adjustable shelves of 10-mm tempered glass withstand a weight of 60 kg each.*The maximum load is 280 kg

The back of the cabinet is open, for ventilation and access to the connectors

Standard equipment includes strong rollers...

The Quadraspire QKAV cabinet provides a neat, secure and stylish solution for the storage of your home theater system components.* This contemporary cabinet is not just beautiful, it is also solid enough to hold up to 615 pounds of audio-video gear!

All the wooden panels on the QKAV home theater cabinet are constructed from either 1” or 3/4” formaldehyde free MDF with FSC hardwood veneers and use high quality non-ferrous assembly hardware.* This beautiful AV cabinet has 2 adjustable glass shelves made from 10mm thick toughened safety glass with a weight capacity of 135 pounds each.* The 6mm thick lockable and retractable clear glass doors allow a center speaker to be used within the cabinet when your home theater system is being played, but keeps your gear out of “harms way” when your system is off and the doors are closed.* These doors also feature high quality hardware and an extremely clever door pull and lockset combination.

The QKAV comes compete with heavy duty, industrial quality casters so the cabinet can be easily moved to gain access to your components.* With its 43” wide, 24” deep and 1” thick top panel, the QKAV can easily accommodate up to a 46” diagonal measure HDTV. [Note this was when panel TVs were much heavier, I imagine it would take a considerably bigger one now]

Sent from my BLN-L21 using Tapatalk
    I
    Last edited by Lawrence001; 07-07-2018 at 14:55.

I'm Lawrence.

I have to admit, when I bought this I thought I wouldn't struggle to move it on if required as there aren't many big attractive lockable racks out there, and keeping a nice system when there are kids in the house is a perennial issue for many. Maybe I misjudged demand..

I'm Lawrence.

Nobody out there wanting to keep their valves safe from inquisitive fingers?

Sent from my BLN-L21 using Tapatalk

+ Reply to Thread