+ Reply to Thread

Thread: David Millard new member

I'm David.

Default David Millard new member

Hi everyone I am a new member to this forum.
    My current system is:
    Two Pink Triangles.. an original DC motor and a Pink Triangle Export also have a Systemdek and other turntables
    Cambridge Audio and Audiolab amps
    Acoustic Energy AE509 speakers and lots of other speakers I like toying around with.
    I have recently brought two lenco GL75 and 1 GL69 turntables to upgrade the plinths and see what I can get out of them sound wise, thought they sound amazingly good anyway, any help or suggestions would be greatly appreciated thanks.

I'm Martin.

Hi David, welcome to AoS

Quite a few people here using the Lencos, both stock and tricked-up so you should find some helpful advice, start a thread in the DIY section.
    Current Lash Up:

TEAC VRDS 701T > Sony TAE1000ESD > Krell KSA50S > JM Labs Focal Electra 926.

I'm David.

Ok thanks Macca

I'm Geoff.

Hello David. Welcome to AOS.

Lenco turntables are very good. These days, I tend to think the L75 is nicest left largely in standard condition. They sound excellent anyway.

The arm usually benefits from new V blocks and fitting a robust plinth works well.

Enjoy the forum,
    Geoff.

I'm David.

Thanks Geoff, the first 75 I brought is a Leak badged one in great condition, they are beautiful looking decks and this one is so good I don't want to change anything on it, so I have brought another one so I could make my own plinth and an arm change, I have put new v-blocks in the Leak because the original ones were not good.

I'm Andrew.

Have a read of my saga.... http://theartofsound.net/forum/showt...O-GL75-Project you might get some laughs and ideas
    SS
    CD Teac VRDS25X(Audiotuned) DECK 1210 Mat Crystal Audio Mods MN Base/Bearing/Platter+Ebony armboard Feet Isonoe PSU Paul Hynes SR7EHD-27XL/DCSXL Ag DC lead/3 Stage Regs/Recap PCB+No Pitch/Strobe/Light ARM SME V(Kondo Ag Rewire&Tags) MC Cadenza Black FGS CABLES Arm Yannis SPD-4 IC Yannis 222 Litz+Ag bullets Power WAR PRE ATC SCA2 SPEAKERS ATC 50ASL STANDS Atacama PHONO Sugden Masterclass PA4 SUT Ortofon ST80SE POWER PSAudio P10

VALVE
    PRE
    Croft Epoch(Modded) AMP Sondex S100 (Modded) SPEAKERS Tannoy 15"MG+RFC Warwick cabs+ Ref XO + Batpure supertweeters DECK Garrard 301 Mat Teunto Bearings 401(Bastin) Plinth Bamboo Arms 3009/3012 PSU Eagle+Tachometer MC Ag Meister II/FGS + Ortofon SPU MONO CABLES Arm Yannis 420.5 Litz+ SpeakerPC Tripple C+WBT-0681 Ag IC Oyaide FTVS-510 AgWBT 0110Ag Phonostages Paradise(4 Box Mega-Modded) / Croft Musicmaker

+ Reply to Thread