+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Tidal on Digione/Rpi

I'm Geoff.

Default Tidal on Digione/Rpi

I have been using Volumio with my Rpi/Digione and have been very happy with it. However, I would like to use Tidal with my Rpi as I have a HIFI account with them.

What is the best/easiest way to run Tidal on a RPi and do I have to switch from Volumio?

Thanks

Geoff

I'm Luis.

If that was possible I would consider going from Spotify to Tidal.

I dont know any add on that does that job.

Enviado do meu HTC_M10h através do Tapatalk

I'm Adam.

If you want to Integrate both your locally stored music and Tidal,
    Bubble UPnP (free) works very well. this can be downloaded on to the Rpi card. Also Logitech Media Server (LMS), which can also be downloaded onto the memory card, is pretty seamless BUT the restriction on the amount of content the servers allow on Logitech Media Server from Tidal is limited to just 500 favourites which is a bit pants, if you, like me, had far more saved albums etc.

ipeng (small cost) is great if using an apple device to control the whole thing. Linn Kazoo (free) is also very good.

But I feel you may hit a brick wall with the amount of content issue.
    I did, so eventually a small headless computer was installed in the room and ROON (£85 a year) now directs and handles all streaming and locally stored content without restrictions on the amount of content. Sorry to say. IMHO, it's far superior in every way to the Rpi approach.

lots of help over on the Computer Audiophile forum.

see link below for tutorials..not that difficult to be honest.

https://www.hifizine.com/2016/06/how...-raspberry-pi/

and the forum with loads of info and help..
    It's U.S based so bear that in mind when posting with times etc..

https://www.computeraudiophile.com/forums/
    "lack of passion is fatal"

Vinyl: Thorens TD-124mk2 / SME-312 Aluminium 'special' / SME M2-9R / STEREO: Etsuro Urushi Cobalt / Shure M3D / Ortofon SPU A95 / Cartridge Man Music Master / Shure - SC35C (US) / SAEC C3 MC MONO: Miyajima Zero B 0.7mil mono / Miyajima Premium 1.0 / Amps & SUTs: Radford STA25 mk3 / AD Audio 'Satchmo2' pre & LCR phono / Hashimoto HM-7 SUT / ETR-MONO SUT Digital: Audio Note 4.1 (with DAC5 upgrades) DAC / Roon / Tidal Speakers: Tannoy 12" MGs' in RFC custom 'Rutland' Cabinets with RFC crossovers / Tannoy ST-100 Super Tweeters Cables: LFD Grainless phono / RFC Mercury / Duelund DCA16GA tinned copper / Kimber 12TC / SW1X Audio Design USB-SPdif / Duelund DCA20GA interconnects / SW1X Audio SPDIF Aero 6 / Mains Power Conditioner / Box Furniture rack / Audiodesk Systeme Vinyl Cleaner / a very beautiful & understanding Wife!

I'm Mike.

If you use an android device to control Volumio just use the Bubble uPnP app and then add your Tidal account details to that app and that will then allow you to send your Tidal stream directly to your device via Volumio.

You can see Tidal is one of the options selectable within Bubble uPnP.

The 2nd photo shows each of the devices I can choose to send whatever stream I'm using, whether it's Google Play, Qobuz, Tidal, my Nas, etc.

I don't use Volumio but I'm sure when I did previously it showed up in the choice of renderers within Bubble.

I'm allo.

hey guys,
    see some interesting news here...
    https://volumio.org/myvolumio-the-ne...-music-lovers/

I'm Geoff.

Had a very quick play with the "bubble". Very easy to set up with Tidal and it detected my LG smart tv immediately. I am currently re-installing Volumio and will try it with that shortly. Sounds very good through the tv system though.

Geoff

I'm Mike.

Quote Originally Posted by Sherwood View Post
    Had a very quick play with the "bubble". Very easy to set up with Tidal and it detected my LG smart tv immediately. I am currently re-installing Volumio and will try it with that shortly. Sounds very good through the tv system though.

Geoff
    As long as Volumio is set for dlna/uPnP to be sorted, long time since I used Volumio but I'm sure it has that by default.

I think for full Bubble use you need to buy the license, can't remember price but it's cheap.

I'm Geoff.

Quote Originally Posted by mikeyb View Post
    As long as Volumio is set for dlna/uPnP to be sorted, long time since I used Volumio but I'm sure it has that by default.

I think for full Bubble use you need to buy the license, can't remember price but it's cheap.
    Reinstalled Volumio and installed the Tidal app on Bubble. Works perfectly. The licensed version is £2.99 so no brainer really.

Geoff

I'm Mike.

Quote Originally Posted by Sherwood View Post
    Reinstalled Volumio and installed the Tidal app on Bubble. Works perfectly. The licensed version is £2.99 so no brainer really.

Geoff
    Perfect

I'm Geoff.

Quote Originally Posted by mikeyb View Post
    Perfect
    thanks for the pointer.

tidal is pretty impressive

geoff

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast