+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 25 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Crap Weather for July!

I'm Svend.

Quote Originally Posted by Macca View Post
    There was one once but it wasn't popular so we stopped doing it.
    You all in the UK are clearly just like Canadians then -- complaining about the weather is a national pastime.

Dunno about everyone else, but I've invested a lot of time and effort cultivating my "moaning old git" image. I'm not about to ruin all that with positive thinking.
    Steve, you should try it some time...does wonders for things like the complexion, bowel regularity, blood pressure...

But thinking of some of jokes you've thrown out here on the forum, I have a hard time believing you're a "moaning old git"...

Cheers, and have a great day guys!

Svend

I'm Geoff.

Quote Originally Posted by Svend N View Post
    You all in the UK are clearly just like Canadians then -- complaining about the weather is a national pastime.
    Moaning about the weather is a British tradition and you can't do that on a 'Great Weather' thread!!

I'm Dominic.

Cheers, and have a great day guys!

Svend
    Us brits never complain about the weather, it is merely a topic of conversation. It is our last vestige of communication between strangers and individuals that the internet hasn't destroyed - yet.
    CD player = Marantz CD6006
    DAC/pre = Rotel RC 1572
    Power amp = ADA PF201
    Speaks = Quadral Chromium Style 6

I'm Svend.

Quote Originally Posted by walpurgis View Post
    Moaning about the weather is a British tradition and you can't do that on a 'Great Weather' thread!!
    Well, it's alive and well here in the former colony.

Us brits never complain about the weather, it is merely a topic of conversation. It is our last vestige of communication between strangers and individuals that the internet hasn't destroyed - yet.
    Come over and visit Canada some time -- we'll talk to anyone about anything at any time. The startled looks of the European tourists when this happens is thoroughly amusing..."Mein Gott! Vat do zey vant vis me?!"

I'm Steve.

Svend, you've not been fooled by my fake grumpy exterior - I'm a real sweetheart! In fact I'm so nice I could be an honorary Canadian, if only I didn't find maple syrup a bit weird tasting. May make it over there for a visit one day, Mrs. Pony has relatives in Canada.

Usually the complaints are about the weather being too cold, or too wet, but I personally am sick of this hot sunny weather! Great for sitting by the pool with a cold drink, but after a few hours working in it I'm losing the will to live. This afternoon I fitted a four metre long set of bi-fold doors on the south face of a house and by 3pm I was just about falling over. I've done a few sneaky 'early darts' when no one's been looking.

Anyway the bike got a clean bill of health from the MOT station. so should be riding it this weekend. If that doesn't bring some rain, nothing will. And that's a moan.
    I just dropped in, to see what condition my condition was in

T/T: Inspire Monarch, X200 tonearm, Ortofon Quintet Blue. Phono: Project Tube Box CD: Marantz CD6006 (UK Edition); Amp: Musical Fidelity A5 Integrated.
    Speakers: Zu Omen Def, REL T9i subwoofer. Cables: Atlas Equator interconnects, Atlas Hyper 3.0 speaker cables

T'other system:
    Echo Dot, Amptastic Mini One,Arcam A75 integrated, Celestion 5's, BK XLS-200 DF

A/V:
    LG 55" OLED, Panasonic Blu Ray, Sony a/v amp, MA Radius speakers, REL Storm sub

Forget the past, it's gone. And don't worry about the future, it doesn't exist. There is only NOW.

KICKSTARTER: ENABLING SCAMMERS SINCE 2009

I'm Svend.

Steve, so how hot has it been there? Out of curiosity I checked the temps for Lancashire, and saw only the low 20's for the next few days...seems idyllic, perfect actually. What's up?

And will it be hot enough in London to make the Baby Trump blimp explode?

I'll put in a good word for you with young Justin, and we'll make you an honorary Canadian yet. The maple syrup aversion could be problematic...pretty much a prerequisite for citizenship. Acquired taste, according to some foreigners...kind of the same as a Canadian trying their darndest to love Islay malts or warm cask ale

Ah, motorbikes... I do miss mine, a lot. In the early 80's I used to have a Honda CB650 and then a CB750F. Wonderful bikes, both, esp. the 750F. I doubt I would own another bike here -- too many whackos on the roads. Have a great weekend riding. Weather looks wonderful for you, and not a cloud in the forecast. Great weather for July, eh?

Cheers,
    Svend

I'm Dominic.

Well, it's alive and well here in the former colony.

Come over and visit Canada some time -- we'll talk to anyone about anything at any time. The startled looks of the European tourists when this happens is thoroughly amusing..."Mein Gott! Vat do zey vant vis me?!"
    Australians too love yapping to anyone. In britain you see many people on trains or buses hiding behind newspapers not uttering a sound, or with trays wandering around scouring a cafe or restaurant for an empty table, but the Aussies take one look at you and they plonk themselves down at your table and within minutes your have their entire life story, seen a picture gallery of their house, garden, pets, cars, operation scars, the lot. The british are just far too insular.
    CD player = Marantz CD6006
    DAC/pre = Rotel RC 1572
    Power amp = ADA PF201
    Speaks = Quadral Chromium Style 6

I'm Martin.

Maybe down south but not up north. I've never been stuck for conversation at the bus stop or the pub. Although the number of people glued to their idiot-phones is growing at an alarming rate. Used to be when you went out for a smoke at work you could have a right good laugh with complete strangers, now they're mostly looking at some shit on a screen.

Go in any pub in Liverpool you will have ten mates within minutes. Even if you don't want them.
    Current Lash Up:

TEAC VRDS 701T > Sony TAE1000ESD > Krell KSA50S > JM Labs Focal Electra 926.

I'm Geoff.

Quote Originally Posted by Macca View Post
    Go in any pub in Liverpool you will have ten mates within minutes. Even if you don't want them.
    I used to have a few scouser mates. Not seen any of them for years. They could certainly put some booze away and none of them could keep quiet. Good bunch of lads though.

I'm Steve.

I do have a bit of an aversion to warm weather - when on holiday I can't sit in the sun, preferring to sit in the shade and look out at the sun. I twist myself into all kinds of shapes to keep my body fully under the umbrella, and when walking around the missus walks in the sun while I stick to the shady side of the street. Suits her fine, she can pretend she's not with me.

Same when we've gone for more than a few hundred yards, I'll say "you carry on, I'll sit under this shade and have a cold beer, and then catch you up". Works every time - I just stay there till she returns, laden with bags of souvenir crap, so everybody wins!

Temperature here has actually averaged 26-29 here, which I know would be comfortable for you guys. You probably have temperatures in the 30's in summer and minus 20's in winter but the key perhaps is that this happens every year for you, with clearly defined seasons. We don't get any weather long enough to get used to it.

Mrs. P is a big fan of maple syrup, loves the stuff. Probably got a taste for it while visiting her uncle in Calgary a few years ago. Maybe it's a bit like the Irish with their Guinness, sell us the crap and keep the good stuff for yourselves!

Shame about the bikes, seems Canada has gone the same way as us - if the dickhead drivers don't get you, the fun police (aka the police) will. The only way to get full-on two wheel fun is to use your bike for track days only, and who can afford to do that?
    I just dropped in, to see what condition my condition was in

T/T: Inspire Monarch, X200 tonearm, Ortofon Quintet Blue. Phono: Project Tube Box CD: Marantz CD6006 (UK Edition); Amp: Musical Fidelity A5 Integrated.
    Speakers: Zu Omen Def, REL T9i subwoofer. Cables: Atlas Equator interconnects, Atlas Hyper 3.0 speaker cables

T'other system:
    Echo Dot, Amptastic Mini One,Arcam A75 integrated, Celestion 5's, BK XLS-200 DF

A/V:
    LG 55" OLED, Panasonic Blu Ray, Sony a/v amp, MA Radius speakers, REL Storm sub

Forget the past, it's gone. And don't worry about the future, it doesn't exist. There is only NOW.

KICKSTARTER: ENABLING SCAMMERS SINCE 2009

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 25 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast