+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Eichmann bullets 10 years on ....

Default Eichmann bullets 10 years on ....

I use TCI Cobra interconnects, the ones with the WBT locking plugs, and was wondering what was the word on Eichmann bullets or the KLE Harmony plugs and if it might be worth changing the plugs but carrying on with the same silver plated copper cables. It won´t break the bank but will they improve my imaging ??????
    Before anyone asks, yes desoldering and soldering the new ones will not present a problem ´cos I won´t be doing them myself. Thank God.

Bigman80 Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Chris View Post
    I use TCI Cobra interconnects, the ones with the WBT locking plugs, and was wondering what was the word on Eichmann bullets or the KLE Harmony plugs and if it might be worth changing the plugs but carrying on with the same silver plated copper cables. It won´t break the bank but will they improve my imaging ??????
    Before anyone asks, yes desoldering and soldering the new ones will not present a problem ´cos I won´t be doing them myself. Thank God.
    I've have experimented a lot with RCA plugs and my personal favourite is KLE Harmony. I prefer as little metal as possible and a hollow centre pin. I thing the help create a better soundstage.

I use them on my SPOTFIRE cables.

That's been my experience anyway.

In your experience which of the 3 Harmony models should be the best choice for silver plated copper cables as is the case of my TCI cobras ?

Bigman80 Guest

Silver plated copper plugs! The pure plugs are subject to some debate as to whether they are actually solid silver. I've not tried them due to this.
    Quote Originally Posted by Chris View Post
    In your experience which of the 3 Harmony models should be the best choice for silver plated copper cables as is the case of my TCI cobras ?

I'm Kevin.

Personally, I don’t think you will notice much difference from changing the plugs, and it would probably be a waste of money. Any difference between well made plugs will be small.
    Kevin

Too busy enjoying the music....

European loan coordinator for Graham Slee HiFi system components..

I'm Gary.

Quote Originally Posted by Bigman80 View Post
    Silver plated copper plugs! The pure plugs are subject to some debate as to whether they are actually solid silver. I've not tried them due to this.
    KLEI have amended the description of Silver Harmony on their website, it no longer uses the words "solid silver". Make of that what you will.

Copper Harmony are silver plated as Oli knows.

Bigman80 Guest

The original ad suggested they were solid silver but when challenged, KLE responded by saying they never said they were. The "Pure" tag was actually the type of silver they used to plate the plugs with. KLE started to make their own silver to so the job which meant they could call it whatever they wanted. "Pure" was an obvious misdirection.

Whatever they say now, I dont know but I don't buy them due to A) Cost and B) trust.

I'm martin.

Default Eichmann bullets 10 years on......

The KLE Silver Harmony RCA plugs are fitted to my Epiphany Artratus 111 interconnects sadly no longer available. Subsequently when I bought the Grad 1 I removed the BNC connectors on my Aro leads and fitted KLE brilliant plugs but not cheap.

Regards,

Martin

I'm Justin.

I have some Eichmann bullets on 0.5m of Nordost Red Dawn. I hate the Eichmann's, really dislike the feel when connecting and disconnecting them. Hard to get on and off.

Very rare I actually use it. I should sell it. But with a pitch like that?

I'm Robert.

Big fan of Eichmann plugs here.

Like the idea of plastic with the silver / silver plated centre pin, whatever it might be as opposed to alluminium / metal type casing as I sense it does make a subtle difference for the better and they do to my ears.

Went from Silver Bullets to KLEI Pure Silver Harmony plugs and very happy

I've not experienced any issues whatsoever, getting them on and off.
    Last edited by RobbieGong; 12-07-2018 at 08:01.
    My System:
    Amplification - Sansui AU-alpha 707 DR
    Turntable - Technics SP10 MK2-Technics EPA-250 Tonearm-Yannis Tome 423.5Plus tonearm cable-Eichmann KLEI Absolute Harmony plugs.
    Ortofon Cadenza Black moving coil cartridge-Fritz Gyger S re-tip. Panzerholz plinth.

CDP - Pioneer PD-91
    Speakers - Spendor D7 on Soundcare SuperSpikes
    QED Silver Spiral speaker cable-airloc banana plugs
    Mains - Ultra Pure silver plated un-switched socket-Missing link EPS 500 silver plated plugs-Hi-Fi Tuning gold plated silver ceramic 13 amp fuses

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast