+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Roon Nucleus Servers Now On Demo!

OK so it’s not for you then, but for us who love the interface and meta data connections it’s fantastic.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Nick

UK - Technics SP10, EPA 500, AT33SA - Roonserver on i5 NUC running Windows 10 Pro - Devialet 1000 PRO CI - Magico S5 - Finite Elemente Wall Shelf

Spain - Roonserver on i7 NUC running Windows 10 Pro - Devialet D250 Pro CI - Ergo IX

I'm Mike.

Quote Originally Posted by NickB View Post
    OK so it’s not for you then, but for us who love the interface and meta data connections it’s fantastic.

montesquieu Guest

Quote Originally Posted by NickB View Post

Eh? Good metadata?

Tidal is very pretty poor for Classical. I paid subscriptions for Spotify, Tidal and Qubuz, and ran all three for an extended period to find a winner.

Tidal was first for the chop. The most slapdash approach to metadata of the three (on occasion, where a CD featured multiple composers, there was no way to view which piece was by what composer).

It also had the poorest Classical selection by far. (Not that I'm a fan of streaming anyway it has to be said - though I find Spotify handy for exploring what music I will spend money on when buying physical media - could have saved me a fortune over the years had it been available! Spotify's metadata is only slightly better but at least you always can see who wrote the piece ).

This bit of kit looks interesting though it has to be said - at the moment there's far too much technical knowledge required to make digital work in a decent fashion, more power to those trying to simplify it and take it out of the hands of the geeks.

I'm Mark.

metadata isn't just Tidal though. The Raison Detre for Roon is its metadata management both for Tidal and your own collection

montesquieu Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Markiii View Post
    metadata isn't just Tidal though. The Raison Detre for Roon is its metadata management both for Tidal and your own collection
    Does it use a proprietary database for metadata?

No it uses several.
    Nick

UK - Technics SP10, EPA 500, AT33SA - Roonserver on i5 NUC running Windows 10 Pro - Devialet 1000 PRO CI - Magico S5 - Finite Elemente Wall Shelf

Spain - Roonserver on i7 NUC running Windows 10 Pro - Devialet D250 Pro CI - Ergo IX

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12