+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Pure sound p 10 valves.

I'm Paul.

Default Pure sound p 10 valves.

Greetings,well after many hours spent listening to music and the valves making it I've decided what's the best for me. I was hoping my findings may be of use to others too. I use a pure sound a30 and sl1210 with ortofon mc20 in sme 309. Also T10 step up with mission 700 speakers. These will do until i build my tannoys with 3134 drivers! So back to the point,I can say the best most balanced,detailed non fatiguing sound is made by Tesla e88cc and Tesla e83cc. Telefunken ecc83 good also but second place to the Tesla! This has probably been said already so apologies if so.

Location: Banbury, Oxfordshire/Panteg is where my late father was born

I'm Chris.

I have ordered an original Tesla Ecc88, but the 83 is probably a bit hard to find and expensive.

But I must say that I am happy with the Philips JAN 12AX7WA I've been using for the past three weeks and still to try the Brimar I have, I think I am sorted for my P10, lovely phono stage.

Your system is very similar to mine Paul , I would probably have gone for the A30 but I really wanted the 2a3 and luckily one came up for sale at the right time.
    Chris

We've gone on holiday by mistake !

I'm Paul.

Hi Chris,I too thought the Tesla e83cc a tad expensive. However when you consider they have a long life and what they do it's nowt compared to a telefunken ecc803s which is the"holy grail" valve they are a copy of. The main reason for their excellence is due to construction(,sorry if I'm preaching to a convert!) .Frame grid type....the only one of the ecc83 family ,apart from the very expensive Tele ecc803s. One day these valves will be a real rarity and may sky rocket in price,I bought 3 would you like to try one at all,i can lend you one for a week or so?Regards Ben

I'm Justin.

I have decided to shut up about Tesla valves.

Ssshhhh not another word anyone, or you'll be paying through the roof soon.

I'm Grant.

got a nice tesla valve here for my dac; its understudy at moment to the WE
    Regards,
    Grant .... ؠ ......Don't be such a big girl's blouse

I've said it before and I'll say it again: democracy simply-doesn't-work
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

Oh my god! There's nothing wrong with the bidet is there?

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

"You don't have free will. You have the appearance of free will.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Chris.

Received my Tesla E88cc, I'll fit it tomorrow and have a listen, the P10 is sounding superb so will be interesting.
    Chris

I'm Chris.

Well after a stressful last 24 hours of tube rolling, in which I had all sorts of problems with the right channel constantly dropping out.
    I've finally settled on the best sounding combination that I have, being the NOS Tesla Ecc88 and a Brimar cv4004.
    This combination sounds fantastic and no more issues with dropping out on the night channel.
    Chris

I'm Tim.

I have one Tesla ecc83 gold pin that has been tested by Guy at puresound.
    I used its brother in my P10 to great effect.
    This one measures at 2.05/1.95 so almost perfect balance.
    I’ve no use for it so if anyone wants to purchase it send me a PM.
    Cheers

+ Reply to Thread