+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Tannoy Dec 1000

I'm phil.

Default Tannoy Dec 1000

Hi
    After info about dc1000 speakers inc sound, ease of match with amp, how do they compare to hpd drivers, don't want to both if they are not a keeper, I like the super pencil full range speaker just so you know my choice of sound,
    Cheers
    Modded td160 super Thorens ol encounter arm hana sl cart, angle audio studio pro mc virtual battery phono amp with separate psi, Onix pre and mono amps, Onix CD player, Onix BWD and soap tuner. B&W dm2 speakers or super pencil 12 speakers, atlas cables, seperate mains power supply with earth spike.

I'm Geoff.

It's not realistic to expect a speaker that normally sells for around £100 to compare with HPD drivers. However, the DC1000 is good fun and definitely has some of the characteristic dual concentric attributes. They are dead easy to drive, are capable of going startlingly loud and image well.

I'm James.

Had some DC2000s for a while, big fun speakers. Not the best on fine detail but you're too busy tapping your foot to care
    Nottingham Analogue Spacedeck / Kuzma Stogi S / Benz Micro Ace S L
    Lenco L-75 / Carl Ellis Plinth / Ortofon AS-212 / Ortofon SPU Classic GM E MkII
    Ortofon ST-7 SUT / Nick G Modded Lentek Head Amp / Croft RIAA

Cambridge Audio CXU / Theta DS Pro Prime

Classé Model 30 / Luxman M-383

Usher Compass X-719

May contain opinions that others find disturbing.

+ Reply to Thread