+ Reply to Thread

Thread: FS: MCRU Ultimate MK III mains cable; 1.7 meters, high current IEC

I'm fuckoff.

Lightbulb FS: MCRU Ultimate MK III mains cable; 1.7 meters, high current IEC

Item: MCRU Ultimate MK III mains cable; 1.7 meters, high current IEC
    Price: 400GBP (you're essentially playing for the plugs and get the wire free!)
    Item Condition: 9/10
    Reason for selling: was made an offer I couldn't refuse (on other cables)
    Payment Method: Bank transfer preferable, Paypal

Extra Info:

I'm a UK Citizen, living in Melboure - I'm coming back to England on the 6th - 23rd of July - if I sell these before I fly, I'll bring them over with me and either post them to you, or you can collect them from me (I'll be in London).

They have to be posted (at minimum) Recorded delivery - for both party's sakes.

I still have the original UK equivalent of the plug it's pictured with - I can fit this for you if you desire. Please specify you want it when purchasing

I am trustworthy - check out my feedback from my 'local' forum transactions.

For sale, one MCRU Ultimate MK III mains cable, with high current IEC (Furutech FI-52 R) and Aussie mains plug (Furutech FI-AU3112R). 1.7 Metres of Furukawa UP OCC goodness in length - it's getting tougher to find cables with this (many claim the best) copper.

Any Sherlock Holmes' out there might see my review of the MK II cable; this is the same cable, but it has since been upgraded to MK III status which means: it has a 'copper inner tube' to reject RFI / EMI, which means that it'll keep the shape you 'mould' it to. I say mould because although it's stiff, it's not problematic, I've had it in spaces with <30cm between the wall socket and mains distributor. It also has a carbon outer sheath, that is said to further help with shielding your precious electrons. This is one quiet cable; it adds and detracts very little from the sound and is one of the longest standing components in my system; it's done an excellent job of delivering unhindered power to the whole hifi.

I'm spending three times what this cable cost me (which was 750 GBP in 2012) to upgrade it; IME this is what it takes to better the cable.

Reviews:

This cable has won numerous 'best of' awards in the UK press, because his site's currently down, I can't reference them. You can see the latest equivalent of what he offers here. The man is serious about power! You can also see from his ratings, customers are happy with his products.

Some comments on the MK II (I won't reference myself in an old review lol):

The Art of Sound: I'm not going to beat around the bush: the Ultimate on the Chord is bloody breathtaking. It has taken me over the threshold from listening to a fantastic reproduction to just being in the recorded space. I don’t mean the popular ‘you are there’, I mean really being in the space with all the aural cues that make it real. There is absolutely no sense of a record playing. Van Morrison’s voice is dirty and gritty but his sax is divine – all the raspy horniness that the real thing has. Ry Cooder's music is detailed and infectious and boppy and just so damned real. Bass pulses and transients hit the chest, as they should. I always knew the Chord is a bit special and it just keeps on responding. I simply cannot stop playing music!

The Ultimate is not going back.

RDH World : With another £900 burning a hole in my pocket, would I go for an Ultimate mk II or a Lessloss DFPC Signature? Close call for sure, but right now I'd take the Ultimate mk II; its ability to make me rediscover old tracks I thought I knew inside and out, in combination with Mr. Brooks' round the clock readiness to respond to queries as well as his general gentlemanliness, tip the scales in favour of the Ultimate mk II.

Comments on the MKIII (what's for sale here):

The art of sound: I have used and tried many different power cables in my system, from basic RA Yello through to very expensive Connex, Kimber and Nordost products. Copper, silver and silver plated materials. Solid core and stranded construction. The Ultimate Mk. IIIs are the best power cables I have ever used. They take the quality of the core Furukawa and extend their performance to another level. Since MCRU offer a satisfaction guaranteed or return policy, there is no risk in your trying one out other than to be prepared not to want to return it.

What you need to know:

If the IEC type is incorrect (EG you need a standard, lower current one) you can simply rewire it (or get an engineer to do it for you) to what you need. You can sell the plug itself for a fair amount.
    One careful owner (me).
    I've given it a condition of 9/10 because its second hand, it's in fact immaculate.
    If you want, I'll clean it with Deoxit and enhance it with Deoxit gold spray.
    It has to be posted (at minimum) Recorded delivery - for both party's sakes.

Picture:

MCRU ultimate MK III by Martin Johnson, on Flickr
    Last edited by realysm42; 30-06-2018 at 01:00.

I'm fuckoff.

Open to offers as this is surplus to my requirement now.

+ Reply to Thread