+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Thank you for adding me to your forum

I'm Simon.

Default Thank you for adding me to your forum

Hello,
    Thanks for the add ,to your forum.
    My user name is Simontr6, I use it on several forums, TR6 is after the Triumph Tr6 sports car, I have owned 2 of these great cars. At the moment,I own an Challenger E Type series 0ne. I am interested in 1970s HIFI. At the moment, I have 2 sets of Celestion DItton 66's, a Goodmans 150 tuner amp(I have the circuit diagram printed to A3 size), a Technics cassette player from the mid 1970s. I intend to sell , one of the pairs of Celestion Ditton 66's, the treble units dont work and one of the speaker housings is slightly damaged at the bottom. I also intend to sell the Goodmans 150 Tuner amp, the on/off switch does not work, I have bypassed the switch, I use the switch on a 13 amp socket outlet ,as the switch.

I'm openingabottleofwine.

Welcome to AoS Simon,

I'm sure there will be some Members here who are 'into' vintage British sports cars, and as far as I know the Triumph TR6 was considered to be one of the best. We would love to see some photos of your current sports car.

We also have many here who are into vintage '60s and '70s British audio gear, so again we would be interested in what you intend to replace the Goodmans tuner amp with. What are your tastes in music?

Enjoy the Forum
    Barry
    Barry

I'm Geoff.

Hello Simon. Welcome to AOS.

There are many of us interested in and using seventies Hi-Fi. Your Module 150 is well worth repairing, it's quite a rare unit and a bit of a classic. It shouldn't be difficult to sort out. The same goes for the Ditton 66 speakers, cabinetwork is not hard to fix and replacement tweeters do come up for sale.

I like the TR6 myself. Not owned one though, but I had a couple of the 2500 TC saloons with similar engines. Needed something the family would fit in. Does your Challenger have Jaguar running gear?

There's plenty going on here, and I'm sure you'll find plenty to interest you, so just join in and have a chat.

Enjoy the forum,
    Geoff.

I'm Martin.

Hi Simon, welcome to the forum

Anyone who likes 1970s cars and hi-fi is okay with me.

Worth sorting out those Dittons, they can fetch up to a grand in good condition. As you have 2 pairs it would be daft not to.
    Current Lash Up:

TEAC VRDS 701T > Sony TAE1000ESD > Krell KSA50S > JM Labs Focal Electra 926.

I'm Neil.

Welcome to AoS
    Regards Neil

+ Reply to Thread