+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Denon DL-103R /Jelco 750 /Oyaide CF-HS set-up question

I'm Nick.

OK now I see - I think its the little screw on the side of the collar that supports the arm - its loosened and that's why the arm has free movement - in fact I can pull it completely out of the collar.
    I guess its simple to re-tighten it - but I'm not sure about correct position for the arm now - e.g. correct arm height and angle...

I'm Stephen.

Quote Originally Posted by nickbaba View Post
    OK now I see - I think its the little screw on the side of the collar that supports the arm - its loosened and that's why the arm has free movement - in fact I can pull it completely out of the collar.
    I guess its simple to re-tighten it - but I'm not sure about correct position for the arm now - e.g. correct arm height and angle...
    So the grub screw nips the arm pillar inside the collar to tighten it. You adjust the arm height this way to set the cartridge VTA ( and the position of the arm relative to the deck). You just need an appropriate sized Allen key. Don’t over tighten the grub screw - it just needs to be nipped up sufficiently to stop the arm pillar rotating and dropping. As a general rule you want to start with the cartridge/headshell parallel to the platter - easiest way is to use one of the tiny round spirit levels placed on the front top of the headshell - adjust the arm height up or down until the bubble is dead centre when the stylus is lowered onto a record. Make sure you set the VTF for your cartridge correctly first and then back it off by about 0.2g to allow for the weight of the spirit level - you will also set the azimuth this way.
    It’s highly desirable to use one of the uprated arm collars manufactured and supplied by Hugo at Ammonite Acoustics (see the trade area) if not already fitted as they provide a much better grip on the arm pillar than the standard Jelco ones.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Always a little further

I'm Nick.

Cheers Stephen - that's very helpful. Actually ordered one of Hugo's MkIII collars this morning - once it arrives I'll set everything up again from scratch and that'll be it! (at least for now).

I'm Stephen.

The new collar has a nylon tipped grub screw which needs even less tightening pressure to snick it up

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Always a little further

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12