+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: What Is Going On With Online News These Days?

I'm Russell.

Quote Originally Posted by montesquieu View Post
    Can't say I read the Daily Mail but the Guardian has been turning into a parody of itself in the last few years, going down the same clickbait route as the Mail only from the opposite direction ... these are all real headlines:

These ones aren't but they might as well be: http://junkee.com/these-spectacular-...walkleys/55962
    That is some funny stuff! Scary that there are people who take this seriously.

Russ

I'm Steve.

They started the acid craze did they, so not all bad then!

Is the film you mention the one directed by the Coen Brothers?I think I've seen every one of their films but somehow this one has passed me by. I will look out for it, you can get DVD's for 50p or less these days.
    I just dropped in, to see what condition my condition was in

T/T: Inspire Monarch, X200 tonearm, Ortofon Quintet Blue. Phono: Project Tube Box CD: Marantz CD6006 (UK Edition); Amp: Musical Fidelity A5 Integrated.
    Speakers: Zu Omen Def, REL T9i subwoofer. Cables: Atlas Equator interconnects, Atlas Hyper 3.0 speaker cables

T'other system:
    Echo Dot, Amptastic Mini One,Arcam A75 integrated, Celestion 5's, BK XLS-200 DF

A/V:
    LG 55" OLED, Panasonic Blu Ray, Sony a/v amp, MA Radius speakers, REL Storm sub

Forget the past, it's gone. And don't worry about the future, it doesn't exist. There is only NOW.

KICKSTARTER: ENABLING SCAMMERS SINCE 2009

I'm Russell.

Quote Originally Posted by Pigmy Pony View Post
    They started the acid craze did they, so not all bad then!

Is the film you mention the one directed by the Coen Brothers?I think I've seen every one of their films but somehow this one has passed me by. I will look out for it, you can get DVD's for 50p or less these days.
    It’s an OK movie, it didn’t do well at the box office. I saw it on Netflix. Good for a few laughs

The story of LSD is near horrific! They destroyed hundreds of people not realizing how extremely potent it was. It’s a story well worth researching, truly incredible.

Russell

I'm Geoff.

Quote Originally Posted by alphaGT View Post
    the government bought up all the LSD to keep the Russians from getting any, and then overdosed unsuspecting soldiers and civilians trying to brain wash and hypnotize people. They were careless with it and it wound up leaking into the public domain, and started the entire world wide LSD craze
    And many of us were very grateful.

I'm Geoff.

Is this really news? News for simpletons maybe.

http://www.itv.com/news/2018-06-30/n...ame-their-car/

I'm Hugh.

Quote Originally Posted by walpurgis View Post
    News for simpletons maybe.

There's a lot of them about.

I'm Martin.

People who have £6800 to spend on a license plate. Really? The world is a total lunatic asylum.
    Current Lash Up:

TEAC VRDS 701T > Sony TAE1000ESD > Krell KSA50S > JM Labs Focal Electra 926.

I'm Neil.

Quote Originally Posted by Primalsea View Post
    After seeing headlines this week that Florida will be underwater soon, but no matter, the blood moon next month will bring about the end of the world anyway, I saw this:

https://www.express.co.uk/news/weird...bility-US-Navy

Really, how desperate do these news agencies need to be that they are reporting a conspiracy theory from 1943 but using a headline that suggests it has just happened recently.

Click-bait in the extreme or what?

I had little respect for the news media anyway, but this has just completely sunk my opinion of them.
    Saw a pretty good together documentary on this myth once, and by the end of it was debunked completely.
    Regards Neil

I'm Russell.

Quote Originally Posted by Dalek Supreme D L View Post
    Saw a pretty good together documentary on this myth once, and by the end of it was debunked completely.
    I’ve seen maps from the Global Warming, excuse me Climate Change, advocates showing water covering half of Africa and about half the land on earth. But they don’t say where all this water is to come from? While some maps claim to show water a few inches or even a foot high, the map shows land that’s 400 feet above sea level covered? Exactly how much ice is at the poles? If it ALL melted, would it raise the ocean 3 inches? There is a LOT of ocean on this planet, I don’t see enough ice to raise the ocean 400 feet. Reminds me of Y2K, they had everyone scared to death! And nothing, and I mean nothing happened. I had to work all night through the biggest event of our lives so the company could be sure the computers didn’t crash while they were out partying. Being on salary of course I got nothing for my troubles.

Russell

I'm Steve.

Yes but you probably got paid for the month-long hangover which followed
    I just dropped in, to see what condition my condition was in

T/T: Inspire Monarch, X200 tonearm, Ortofon Quintet Blue. Phono: Project Tube Box CD: Marantz CD6006 (UK Edition); Amp: Musical Fidelity A5 Integrated.
    Speakers: Zu Omen Def, REL T9i subwoofer. Cables: Atlas Equator interconnects, Atlas Hyper 3.0 speaker cables

T'other system:
    Echo Dot, Amptastic Mini One,Arcam A75 integrated, Celestion 5's, BK XLS-200 DF

A/V:
    LG 55" OLED, Panasonic Blu Ray, Sony a/v amp, MA Radius speakers, REL Storm sub

Forget the past, it's gone. And don't worry about the future, it doesn't exist. There is only NOW.

KICKSTARTER: ENABLING SCAMMERS SINCE 2009

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast