+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Bryston BDA-1 DAC

I'm Nick.

Default Bryston BDA-1 DAC

Here for sale is my Bryston BDA-1 DAC.
    Lovely pristine sound, of course. Bryston quality, built like a tank. Dual mono Crystal DAC chips. Perfect cosmetic condition, no issues or problems with operation.
    Multiple digital input formats (USB, AES/EBU, coaxial, 3x Toslink Optical), balanced and unbalanced analog outputs. 24 bit/192k.
    Boxed in original packaging with owners manual.
    £950 inc UK shipping.

IMG_0982.jpgIMG_0983.jpg

I'm Rob.

Very nice DAC. I am very pleased with mine. However, the list of inputs is wrong I think. There are two TosLink (optical), four S/PDIF (coaxial - 2 x RCA, 2 x BNC), one AES/EBU XLR, and one USB 1.1

The Bryston remote costs an arm and a leg, but mine works very well with a Logitech Harmony Remote

There is a Stereophile review that's worth a read:
    "The Bryston BDA-1 let me enjoy the best-sounding digital playback I've ever heard in my listening room, outshining even Bryston's own BCD-1 CD player. This might be related to the fact that the BDA-1 has two Crystal CS4398s vs the BCD-1's single chip."
    Rob.