+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Leak 30 Amp, Leak Radio, Goldring Deck, Wharfedale Speakers

I'm Martin.

Quote Originally Posted by Marco View Post
    ...next to the scrunty mags and (lightly soiled) underpants

Marco.
    Bloody hell! What have you been doing looking under my bed Marco?
    Current Lash Up:

TEAC VRDS 701T > Sony TAE1000ESD > Krell KSA50S > JM Labs Focal Electra 926.

I'm Nobody.

Quote Originally Posted by Macca View Post
    I don't think it's 'mint' enough for you Andre. but you can have it if you want.

Location: A Strangely Isolated Place in Suffolk with Far Away Trains Passing By...

I'm David.

They were good at the time. I remember us having a Stereo 70 loan amp back when it would have been ten years old or so. Wasn't far behind the NAD 3020 as I recall. Re-capped and set up right, it would be still effective up to a point I reckon.

I had a Delta 70 for a week or three once. I don't know what they did to it (apart from cram everything in a smaller box) but it wasn't as good IIRC.
    Tear down these walls; Cut the ties that held me
    Crying out at the top of my voice; Tell me now if you can hear me

I'm Nobody.

Quote Originally Posted by DSJR View Post

I had a Delta 70 for a week or three once. I don't know what they did to it (apart from cram everything in a smaller box) but it wasn't as good IIRC.
    'Delta 70' wernt pedegree Leak, it's a (W)Rank Leak by now Very simular amps but sound different to me

I'm Martin.

Quote Originally Posted by Andre View Post
    'Delta 70' wernt pedegree Leak, it's a (W)Rank Leak by now Very simular amps but sound different to me
    I had one of these too. It was rank. It also had an intermittent fault on one channel so I took it into the local TV shop on the corner (remember those?) for repair and while it was in there the shop burnt down so that was that.
    Current Lash Up:

TEAC VRDS 701T > Sony TAE1000ESD > Krell KSA50S > JM Labs Focal Electra 926.

OK chaps, thanks for the thoughts and comments. Looks like it will be carefully packed up and put in my loft for safe keeping.

Cheers

I'm Steve.

Scrunty Mags...

Scrunty Mags?

I'm Adam.

I am delighted that the members of this fine forum have not made the usual comments regarding the Stereofetic tuner - something that always winds me up intensely!

You see, normally, as soon as the word 'Stereofetic' is mentioned, you invariably get a huge chorus of "Oh, it's not as good as a Troughline you know" and everyone starts agreeing and delving deeper and deeper into why this is, until you'd think that the Stereofetic actually wears an Amstrad or Alba badge and was only designed just to annoy everyone!

No, the Stereofetic is not as good as a Troughline, but it's still a very fine little tuner in its own right and can be bought in good working order for £10 (I've done this twice....), which is more than can be said for a Troughline!

Thanks - I feel better for that...........
    Engineers: fixing problems you didn't know you had in ways you don't understand.

I'm ChrisB.

I am delighted that the members of this fine forum have not made the usual comments regarding the Stereofetic tuner - something that always winds me up intensely!
    Well said, that man!
    It's worth several times more than your £10 in absolute terms.

I'm Richard.

Bob - I'd be interested in the turntable and speakers if you are interested in selling?

Thanks, Richard

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12