+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Fidelity Research FR12

I'm Nat.

This came with the deck looks like the original quote.
    £975 for the deck and then either £220 for a Grace 707 or £450 for the FR12 plus £150 for the FR 6SE MM cart.
    An interesting article too.

[IMG]IMG_2165 copy by Tara OSullivan, on Flickr[/IMG]

I'm Dave.

Back in those days, many Linn retailers, myself included, offered improvements for the turntable to Linn but were told that it is a tuned instrument and couldn't be improved. Many of the improvements declined were included at a later date..

I'm Nat.

Thanks Tom & Hugo for the heads up regarding Phonomac I have been in touch with Angus and have been given a provisional date of mid September for him to take a look at my FR12.
    Excellent timing for me as it gives me time have a crack at the old LP12 it sits on, new springs, arm board, belt and oil.
    There is definetly something about this old deck and I haven't wanted to swap back my other 'newer' LP12 with Ittock.
    I have an Audio Origami tonearm cable on the ittock that I wouldn't mind trying on the FR12 if it fits.

I'm Nat.

I added a Mose Hercules last night to FR12/LP12 because I really need 45rpm I didn't really want to as I love the look of the big red button and wanted an original deck but I'm so pleased I did it really has improved this deck much more than I thought adding a 3rd party psu could.
    Bought used from Cymbiosis for the price of just a Hercules new it is an absolute bargain..
    Really loving the FR12 great tonearm.

I'm Nat.

This tonearm is an absolute gem and a revelation from something that I expected not much from. I actually bought the deck intending to put a unipivot arm on it but the FR12 is going nowhere. I was told that there was not very much love for this tonearm amongst Linn fans and was told I would be better off with a Mission or a Grace or even a Hadcock.

montesquieu Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Natara View Post
    This tonearm is an absolute gem and a revelation from something that I expected not much from. I actually bought the deck intending to put a unipivot arm on it but the FR12 is going nowhere. I was told that there was not very much love for this tonearm amongst Linn fans and was told I would be better off with a Mission or a Grace or even a Hadcock.
    I’m sure I didn’t tell you that! But then again I’m a big Ikeda fan.

I'm Nat.

Actually the advice I have got from AoS has always been spot on regarding anything to do with vinyl replay.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12