+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Yamaha ns1000m

I'm Andrew.

Quote Originally Posted by DSJR View Post
    Mine weren't used with appropriate amps I now think (this is thirty years ago now when they cost £450 used) and the 'synthetic' colourations I had were almost certainly mostly the speakers being strangled!

Good luck with them (again?)

I have found that you have to have the right amp for these ( now I remember!!) or they are just fatiguing ( my opinion)
    I was using my radford Auditoriums which I believe sound so much better, I just wish that looked as cool as these .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm Martin.

Possibly the coolest speakers ever made. Always wanted some.

People do say that the best match are Yamaha's own amps of the same era. Makes some logical sense at least.
    Current Lash Up:

TEAC VRDS 701T > Sony TAE1000ESD > Krell KSA50S > JM Labs Focal Electra 926.

I'm Andrew.

Well guess what I’ll be looking out for next ? That could be a long search too.

I'm Grant.

Prefer the auditoriums by far
    Regards,
    Grant .... ؠ ......Don't be such a big girl's blouse

I've said it before and I'll say it again: democracy simply-doesn't-work
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

Oh my god! There's nothing wrong with the bidet is there?

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

"You don't have free will. You have the appearance of free will.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Andrew.

Quote Originally Posted by struth View Post
    Prefer the auditoriums by far
    Me too sound wise as they blow the yams away !
    If the radfords weren’t so valuable I’d tinker a bit to make them look cool too.

I'm openingabottleofwine.

Yes - I can't understand what all the fuss is with the appearence of The Yamaha speakers. I don't think they look "cool" at all.
    Barry

I'm Andrew.

Quote Originally Posted by Barry View Post
    Yes - I can't understand what all the fuss is with the appearence of The Yamaha speakers. I don't think they look "cool" at all.

I'm openingabottleofwine.

Quote Originally Posted by andyrlb View Post

But looks aren't everything. I've not heard them myself, but since they were developed by Yamaha as monitors for NHK. they ought to sound good.
    Barry

I'm Andrew.

I have the grills too which are in perfect condition , I’ll never use them but there is an issue where the plugs on the grills are no longer tight in the baffles , any ideas anyone?

I'm Martin.

Quote Originally Posted by Barry View Post
    Yeah you better stay behind that settee anorl.

Of course they are the coolest speaker ever. Second coolest is those Whafedales Gambit off of 'The New Avengers' has in his pad. You only see them once. Can't remember the model. Anyway, everyone knows this.
    Current Lash Up:

TEAC VRDS 701T > Sony TAE1000ESD > Krell KSA50S > JM Labs Focal Electra 926.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast