Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Yamaha ns1000m

I'm openingabottleofwine.

As I said in post 29.
    Barry

I'm inactive.

Quote Originally Posted by andyrlb View Post
    Yeah they’re pretty cool
    Meh - wouldn't look out of place in the ballroom of the Overlook (Kubrick: The Shining) but "cool"? ... not in a million years -

The Braun speakers Barry posted are proper cool, only at home in a penthouse overlooking a chic Parisian boulevard .....

I'm Andrew.

As most agree I do believe the Yams win it in the cool stakes given their very reasonable price ? My last pair were £150 ! And that was 2 years ago

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm Martin.

As most agree I do believe the Yams win it in the cool stakes given their very reasonable price ? My last pair were £150 ! And that was 2 years ago
    You stole them at gunpoint then felt a bit guilty as you were leaving and bunged him whatever cash you had in your pocket?
    Current Lash Up:

TEAC VRDS 701T > Sony TAE1000ESD > Krell KSA50S > JM Labs Focal Electra 926.

I'm Andrew.

Quote Originally Posted by Macca View Post
    You stole them at gunpoint then felt a bit guilty as you were leaving and bunged him whatever cash you had in your pocket?
    It’s a long story and it involved a 7 hour drive ( one way ) ! £500 in pocket and 20minutes from his house he calls to say one of the bass drivers sounds funny
    I continued to his home ready to inflict a whole lot of whoop ass when a spotty faced lad answers the door looking absolutely terrified , he apologised but still had the nerve to ask for £150!!
    I couldn’t get them in the van quick enough.

I'm Mark.

Andy, I pulled the plastic plugs for the grills using a hooked piece of silver solder, pushed them back into shape using a small socket from the back. Reinstalled plugs, grills now fit snug like new!

I'm Andrew.

Good tip mate , it don’t currently use the grills but it bugs me that some of them are lose .
    Cheers

I'm Andrew.

DEJA VU !
    Well I did miss just looking at them so I’ve brought home another pair to tinker with.

On the advice of an AOS member I added a minimal tweak by replacing the old tweeter capacitor, what a difference this has made

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234