+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Cartridge & Headshell Storage

I'm Mel.

Default Cartridge & Headshell Storage

I have a few expensive cartridges mounted in head shells and would like some form a storage box for them - anybody know of supplier ?

I have seen a plastic box from Shure but it seems to be out of stock in most suppliers and I am not too happy with its design and how secure it holds the carts.

Mel

I'm Clive.

I'm Mel.

Thanks Clive - thats exactly the type of box I was looking for and is now ordered

montesquieu Guest

I have a couple of these, very useful.

I'm Grant.

been looking for one too...will put it into my consideration pile . although i may just sell my excess and save cash lol
    Regards,
    Grant .... ؠ ......Don't be such a big girl's blouse

I've said it before and I'll say it again: democracy simply-doesn't-work
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

Oh my god! There's nothing wrong with the bidet is there?

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

"You don't have free will. You have the appearance of free will.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm openingabottleofwine.

I use a few of these (or similar):

Barry

montesquieu Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Barry View Post
    I use a few of these (or similar):

Where do you source these Barry? Any I’ve seen have been expensive.

Quote Originally Posted by montesquieu View Post
    Where do you source these Barry? Any I’ve seen have been expensive.
    eBay - but most you see there are expensive (> £100). I have a couple, but have also bought two from Dave (hifi_dave), which are virtually identical apart from being finished in a blue-coloured 'leatherette' for ~£50 apiece.

Recently I bought a nice wooden box By Rowney and Windsor for the storage of artist's paint brushes. It has a thick foam rubber inlay, into which I will cut SME/Ortofon G shaped apertures to store headshell/cartridges.
    Barry

I'm Mel.

Those boxes do look a better storage option.

The clear box has now arrived and does just what I want but I would have preferred it to have some form of lid locking mechanism as the top is a very loose fit but I think I can fit some rubber or foam beading to the base to resolve it.

If Dave is doing those boxes for £50 then I would have preferred that option.

Mel

Quote Originally Posted by Cycleallday View Post
    Those boxes do look a better storage option.

The clear box has now arrived and does just what I want but I would have preferred it to have some form of lid locking mechanism as the top is a very loose fit but I think I can fit some rubber or foam beading to the base to resolve it.

If Dave is doing those boxes for £50 then I would have preferred that option.

Mel
    I'm not sure he has any left. I think I bought the last of his stock.
    Barry

+ Reply to Thread