+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Denon 301 Mk2 For sale

I'm James.

Default Denon 301 Mk2 For sale

A mint Denon 301 Mk2 for sale. This has all documentation, stylus guard etc and is very low hours use, around 50 max.

£120 including delivery.

[IMG]IMG_0004 by [url=https://www.flickr.com/photos/162281319@N03/]J[/IMG]
    [IMG]IMG_0002 by [url=https://www.flickr.com/photos/162281319@N03/][/IMG][IMG]IMG_0003 by [url=https://www.flickr.com/photos/162281319@N03/]J[/IMG]

Bigman80 Guest

What a bargain! I love this little Cartridge. Had it here and was blown away at how good a £250 MC cart could be. Has that Denon house sound of slightly rich mids and infectious bass. The airy treble is sweet and well balanced. If you're considering a MC on a budget, look no further. Possibly THE best budget MC in the world, In my opinion.

I'm James.

Sold

I'm Steve.

Quote Originally Posted by Bigman80 View Post
    What a bargain! I love this little Cartridge. Had it here and was blown away at how good a £250 MC cart could be. Has that Denon house sound of slightly rich mids and infectious bass. The airy treble is sweet and well balanced. If you're considering a MC on a budget, look no further. Possibly THE best budget MC in the world, In my opinion.
    Hi Oliver
    Thought I'd get this as a spare.

Steve
    Turntable; Rega p8
    Cartridge; Alpheta mc
    Phono Stage; Rega Aria, Bigbottle 3 mm/mc
    Amplifier; Rega Elicit
    Speakers; Rega Rx3

Bigman80 Guest

Quote Originally Posted by STD305M View Post
    Hi Oliver
    Thought I'd get this as a spare.

Steve
    A wise choice mate. It's a really excellent cartridge for the money. I had this at my house for a while and I really enjoyed it. For £120? It's a steal.

I'm Steve.

Hi Oliver

Never actually heard one but I've read lots of positive comments so i thought at a give away price I'd have it
    Always best to have a spare

Steve
    Turntable; Rega p8
    Cartridge; Alpheta mc
    Phono Stage; Rega Aria, Bigbottle 3 mm/mc
    Amplifier; Rega Elicit
    Speakers; Rega Rx3

Bigman80 Guest

Quote Originally Posted by STD305M View Post
    Hi Oliver

Never actually heard one but I've read lots of positive comments so i thought at a give away price I'd have it
    Always best to have a spare

Steve
    I'm sure you are going to like it Steve and as you say, as it's a spare, it won't be the be all and end all.

Like I say, I thought it was excellent for the money.

I'm Lawrence.

How come this didn't come up when I was looking for a budget MC cartridge, everyone said I'd need to spend £2-300 s/h for one?? I sold my SUT when I was told that.

Bigman80 Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Lawrence001 View Post
    How come this didn't come up when I was looking for a budget MC cartridge, everyone said I'd need to spend £2-300 s/h for one?? I sold my SUT when I was told that.
    Lawrence,

Make no bones about it, this cartridge is excellent for the money BUT I understand the reason you were told that. The 2M black would really challenge most budget MCs like this and probably come out on top. In fact it's almost a certainty.

The Denon is what it is, a real, good old fashioned hifi bargain. I prefered it to a more expensive Goldring Eroica, it pushed a AT33PTGII hard too.

It paled against the Kontrapunkt b, and that cartridge really showed what a MC is all about in my book. I bought the Kb, gave the AT33PTGII back to Angus, the Denon back to Jimbo and sold my ZYX R50.

If I was starting again, I'd start with the Denon until I could move on to a significant upgrade.

I'm James.

Yep the Denon gives you the taste of a really good MC at a bargain price. There are many that better it but they cost twice the price!! Probably the best bargain new MC out there.

The 2M black spanks most MC cartridges even up to £1000. I would prefer it to any of those budget £500 MC cartridges. You really need to spend some money or buy second hand to get an MC that will take on the 2M black.

The Denon 301 mk2 is great because it suits most modern tonearms, you don't need a high mass arm so it is a lot easier to live with than the 103, although this cartridge may have a bit more balls.

+ Reply to Thread