+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Good afternoon to all!

I'm Lawrence.

Quote Originally Posted by Dalek Supreme D L View Post
    Welcome to AoS.

Nice previous systems, that Trio is worth lifting down, but I would not switch it on without using a variac, the capacitors in the PSU might go pop, if having to deal with a sudden in rush of power, after being unused for awhile. I have recent experience of this, in my case a small fire ensued. Once you get it running, find somewhere better to store it, roofspace not the best place to store electronics.
    Hi Neil!

Thank you very much for the warm welcome and very useful advice.

The Trio has been in for repair a couple of times in the past and when it last came back, I just put it into storage.

I'll make sure that I'll be well prepared when it finally comes out to play.

Thanks again for the great tip.

All best wishes,

Lawrence

I'm Lawrence.

Quote Originally Posted by walpurgis View Post
    Hello Lawrence. Welcome to AOS.

Tell us what music you like and what equipment from your collection is in your current system.

As you've seen, this is a friendly place, so just get involved and join in the chat.

Enjoy the forum,
    Geoff.
    Hello Geoff!

Thank you very much for this.

The stuff that is connected up at the moment is a Wadia 581ise / Woo Audio WA6SE / Sennheiser HD800, and also Audio Research CD7 / Townshend Allegri / PX25 monos / Horning Agathon.

It all needs a good dusting off!

I like 'live recordings' such as the MTV Unplugged series and am always grateful for recommendations on CDs to explore.

All best wishes,

Lawrence

I'm openingabottleofwine.

Welcome to AoS Lawrence.

Nice introduction - you have certainly heard some legendary items of audio gear: Matisse pre, Ongaku power etc.

Never too late to get back into audio, and it sounds as if you have put together a very good valve-based system. What are your tastes in music?

Enjoy the Forum
    Barry
    Barry

I'm Lawrence.

Quote Originally Posted by Barry View Post
    Welcome to AoS Lawrence.

Nice introduction - you have certainly heard some legendary items of audio gear: Matisse pre, Ongaku power etc.

Never too late to get back into audio, and it sounds as if you have put together a very good valve-based system. What are your tastes in music?

Enjoy the Forum
    Barry
    Hello Barry!

Thank you very much for your kind welcome.

I think that I've been fortunate in that my first exposure to hi-fi was with very nice systems that produced involving and enjoyable music.

I only realised that there were different characters of presentation after going to one of the Heathrow Penta shows in the early 90s. Luckily for me, I had already got the Audio Innovations system that I was happy with, and being able to hear other demonstration systems which I found less appealing, made me appreciate my own set-up even more.

Regarding my tastes, it ranges from Classic FM type programme, to Oscar Peterson jazz, Depeche Mode, Erasure, The Beautiful South.

I tried to get up to date and was watching one of the music channels on TV. To me, the videos are more watchable with the volume on mute.

I'm always open to suggestions and recommendations!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12