+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Bucking Transformer - Lower Mains Voltage by 20v

I'm David.

Default Bucking Transformer - Lower Mains Voltage by 20v

This is useful on most vacuum tube amps from China. Most are rated 220V even though they state can be used on 240V UK. Measure your internal heater voltage and it will be typically 6.8v for regular tubes and if you are running something like 845's much higher. This shortens the life of the tube a lot and stresses the other components leading to failure.

This was made for a 845 china made amp to drop the UK voltage 20V. It is suitable for any pre-amp and even the big 300B/ 845 power amps etc. It works different to a step down isolation transformer so don't let the size fool you. You can make your own quite easy if you have a suitable transformer. UK plug and regular iec on the end.

Clearing out some bits...

£15 + parcel2go postage

Image :-

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1r4...W6yedWwVwI9LEV
    David.

I'm Lawrence.

PM sent!

I'm David.

Sold I think to Lawrence.
    If you want to make one and why you should...

http://www.dms-audio.com/bucking-transformer-diy
    David.

I'm Lawrence.

Thought there'd be a high demand for this. I've just bought a Chinese pre so buying this in case..

montesquieu Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Lawrence001 View Post
    Thought there'd be a high demand for this. I've just bought a Chinese pre so buying this in case..
    Yes I was beaten to the draw ... this would have been handy to have kicking around. Sadly I don't have the skills to put one together.

I'm Lawrence.

Ah sorry Tom, I've been after one for a while since I read some threads on here a while ago, I've had 4 Chinese valve integrateds over the years and was always worried about the strain put on them.

Ps haven't had a chance to try the Gate pre yet, were you very keen on it?

I'm Grant.

Can also use a variac to do same job. It has other uses too of course Got mine on end of my Japanese market amp. It's worth more than the amp most likely
    Regards,
    Grant .... ؠ ......Don't be such a big girl's blouse

I've said it before and I'll say it again: democracy simply-doesn't-work
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

Oh my god! There's nothing wrong with the bidet is there?

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

"You don't have free will. You have the appearance of free will.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Alan.

Quote Originally Posted by montesquieu View Post
    Yes I was beaten to the draw ... this would have been handy to have kicking around. Sadly I don't have the skills to put one together.
    I can put one together for you Tom when you need one, at minimal charge.
    Cheers, Alan

+ Reply to Thread