+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Caiman SEG headphone gain adjustment

I'm Gareth.

Default Caiman SEG headphone gain adjustment

How does one go about adjusting the headphone gain for a particular pair of headphones? I know how to adjust the gain on the SEG, but I haven’t a clue what I should be doing.

I’ve purchased a pair of Oppo PM-2 planar headphones rated at 32 Ω impendence. Do I adjust the gain to a comfortable volume and use the volume knob to increase volume or should I turn the tap wide open so to speak?

I'm Jo.

Quote Originally Posted by Getgaff View Post
    How does one go about adjusting the headphone gain for a particular pair of headphones? I know how to adjust the gain on the SEG, but I haven’t a clue what I should be doing.

I’ve purchased a pair of Oppo PM-2 planar headphones rated at 32 Ω impendence. Do I adjust the gain to a comfortable volume and use the volume knob to increase volume or should I turn the tap wide open so to speak?

Hello Gareth - try adjusting the gain setting until the volume, set at maximum, is slightly louder than your normal listening level so that you have some reserve for tracks with lower recording levels, but will never be able to damage your headphones or your hearing.

+ Reply to Thread