+ Reply to Thread
Page 13 of 25 FirstFirst ... 3111213141523 ... LastLast

Thread: Amplifiers! What do you have? What do you use?

I'm Robert.

Sansui Au-alpha 707 DR

Sansui AU 919

Two superb integrated amps
    My System:
    Amplification - Sansui AU-alpha 707 DR
    Turntable - Technics SP10 MK2-Technics EPA-250 Tonearm-Yannis Tome 423.5Plus tonearm cable-Eichmann KLEI Absolute Harmony plugs.
    Ortofon Cadenza Black moving coil cartridge-Fritz Gyger S re-tip. Panzerholz plinth.

CDP - Pioneer PD-91
    Speakers - Spendor D7 on Soundcare SuperSpikes
    QED Silver Spiral speaker cable-airloc banana plugs
    Mains - Ultra Pure silver plated un-switched socket-Missing link EPS 500 silver plated plugs-Hi-Fi Tuning gold plated silver ceramic 13 amp fuses

I'm Paul.

Quote Originally Posted by Pharos View Post
    Paul, do you have any views/opinions on the performance of your AVI S2000 MP+P?

Does it seem to have any characteristics?
    Hi Dennis,

I bought the AVI with some urgency from DSJR following the failure of my LC Audio Sidewinder pre. I was attracted by its reputation for not adding anything to the original signal and also the suitability of its MC phono stage for my Denon DL-S1.

I’m pleased to say it has supplied everything I’d hoped for, especially given the excellent performance of its well modified predecessor. It’s difficult to provide a detailed assessment as I’ve not been able to carry out a direct comparison. Suffice it to say that I’ve not identified any negative attributes, it has provided a clear and open performance and I’ve been delighted with the way it has handled the rather low level output of my cartridge. The remote control, sensible number of inputs and double outputs has also eased the loss of the Sidewinder.

I’ll get the Sidewinder repaired eventually and the resulting shootout will be very interesting.
    Paul

I'm Simon.

Pre: Croft Micro 25

Power:

Leak Stereo 20 (restored)
    Firebottle Air (dual mono'd)
    The Fisher X100a (currently in storage with father in the UK)
    Trends audio Class D

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
    Source: Thorens TD124 Rega RB300, Sumiko bluepoint No2., Cambridge Audio D500 Special Edition CDP, Squeeze box Touch, PC with Trends Audio USB Audio DAC UD-10 Amplification: Croft Micro 25 basic pre, Leak Stereo 20, Trends Audio Class T TA-10, Fisher X100-A Speakers:Impulse H6 Interconnects: Handmade silver and TNT audio CAT5 speaker cables

I'm Dennis.

Thank you Paul, I asked because there is a slight question for me about an 'edginess' or slight brightness which it does seem to have compared with my ATC SCA2, this pointed out by a friend, and which I think I noticed when I changed over.
    (But the ATC is 6X the price).

The AVI has better specs, the ATC being balanced and hence having double the distortion, but that is still very small, and it is also a very neat unit.

I think the vinyl section is better on the AVI and really works well with my Denon DL304, and Martin Grindrod's designs are very well executed IMO.

I'm Geoff.

I also owned the AVI some years ago. I didn't get on with it. Despite presenting the sound reasonably well, it seemed a bit 'matter of fact', with a hint of blandness.

By the way, I didn't enjoy the DL-304 that much either. It tracks reasonably well for an MC, has a delicate and fairly refined sound, but for me, lacks body or impact. A DL-103R has much more presence and a ZYX R50 Bloom even more so.

I'm Martin.

Quote Originally Posted by simon e View Post
    Pre: Croft Micro 25

Power:

Leak Stereo 20 (restored)
    Firebottle Air (dual mono'd)
    The Fisher X100a (currently in storage with father in the UK)
    Trends audio Class D

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
    Good to have some options. That's a pretty sweet collection.
    Current Lash Up:

TEAC VRDS 701T > Sony TAE1000ESD > Krell KSA50S > JM Labs Focal Electra 926.

I'm TheMostHonestPersonYouWillMeet.

I find it really strange that I now only have one amp.. Naim Supernait 2

At one time there were 3 amps in the house but having sold everything else I am now down to just the SN 2... however I love it to bits and it is doing everything that I could wish for...
    Bev

Mark Levinson N°390s CD Through:Atlas Elektra XLR's To: Mark Levinson N°383 To: Magneplanar .7's

I'm Dennis.

Interesting Geoff how opinions vary so much.

I'm AndyElectroNumpty.

Linn Classik
    pioneer a300r

gonna look for something tubey later this year I think.

I'm mick.

Amps that are used and swapped around[LIST=1]

1. Radford STA15
    2. Verdik Q10 mono's(X4)
    3. Pioneer ER420
    4. Yaqin MS-12B
    5. Promitheus TVC

Solid state that doesn't
    1. Quad 306
    2. Pioneer SX1250
    3. Audiolab 8000
    4. Technics SU-V8
    Nothin' I do don't seem to work ,it only seems to make matters worse!. Jagger/Richards

+ Reply to Thread
Page 13 of 25 FirstFirst ... 3111213141523 ... LastLast