+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: How best to connect my sub to amp?

I'm James.

Andy, I have pondered thus question too and although your sub woofer is not a REL have a look on their website as they have some very clear instructions on how to connect a sub to an amp and set it up.

I'm Gary.

Quote Originally Posted by Jimbo View Post
    Andy, I have pondered thus question too and although your sub woofer is not a REL have a look on their website as they have some very clear instructions on how to connect a sub to an amp and set it up.
    I havn't looked at the REL site, but it may refer to high level inputs (basically using the speaker terminals) you don't have this option on your sub as far as I can see, so don't let it throw you.

I'm Andy.

I've installed the sub now, thanks. I just got a stereo 2x phono to 2x phono cable from the local sound and lighting store and have connected it mono with a single terminal either end. I've spent about an hour fiddling with the dials but I've got it sounding pretty good to my ear now.

I'm Alex.

In agreement with other comments, adjusting crossover point of the sub and levels with main speakers is a time consuming process. It is also dependent on the sub placement and room interactions with bass nodes. I find that a good sub setup fills in the lower registers and does not intrude/congest the mid-range. Personal preferences of course...

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123