+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Wanted: A pair of Tannoy Cheviots

I'm Don.

Default Wanted: A pair of Tannoy Cheviots

Time for a change of direction from KEF's and Spendors....Looking for a pair of Tannoy Cheviots could be good or bad, let me know what you have and price...awaiting PM's....

I'm Geoff.

There's a mint pair on ebay Don. They need surrounds, but it's a straightforward job for somebody a bit handy. They're in Glastonbury.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Pair-of-V...kAAOSwBXhbJRal

I'm Don.

Hi Geoff, hope ur keeping well...yes saw them..undecider, as you can pick up a "Sorted" pair for about £850 -£900 or spend about £750+ on a pair that needs re-foaming...£100 per speaker from Wembley...that includes VAT of course.
    I could do them myself, but i'd probably fudge them up...hey ho..

I'm matt.

According to a guy over at Pinkfishmedia Wembley can fudge a refoam job too. They messed up a driver of mine as well.

I'm Geoff.

I should start offering a refoaming service!

I'm Don.

Ah..Squire, are you willing to re-foam my surrounds? How many gold coins should I thrust upon your sweaty palm?

Quote Originally Posted by walpurgis View Post
    I should start offering a refoaming service!

I'm Geoff.

Quote Originally Posted by donmarrese View Post
    Ah..Squire, are you willing to re-foam my surrounds? How many gold coins should I thrust upon your sweaty palm?
    I was not really serious, but might consider doing some as long as the coils and cones are sound.

I'm frank.

I offer a Tannoy refoaming service a damn site better than Wembley or Lockwood, I'm on the Wirral but someone nearer may suit you better as you'll save on shipping costs.

Frank

I'm Nick.

Cheviots turn up quite frequently on ebay I've noticed, and of course the bargains all need re-foaming, but don't let that put you off. The most important thing is that the drivers are good, the foam is fixable.
    I got my pair from a fellow AoS member for 850, recently refoamed by Lockwood, but you'll be doing well to find that price on ebay for a refurbished pair in good nick. I'm not saying you won't be able to but these days even the "selling my grandad's speakers" types seem to know vintage Tannoys are worth money. They probably google 'Tannoy Cheviots' and see the Legacys go for 5k new!

I'm Nick.

Gold Audio in London have a used pair of Cheviots in good nick and they only want 2500 for them (!).

https://audiogold.co.uk/product/tannoy-cheviot/

If no-one here offers you a pair, my advice would be to bide your time, do an ebay 'saved search' on 'Tannoy Cheviot' so you get an email every time someone posts a new Chevy ad, and do the same on Gumtree, and you'll find a decent pair for a decent price before too long.
    Last edited by nickbaba; 21-06-2018 at 23:44. Reason: added link

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast