+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Cadey

I'm David.

Default Cadey

Hi all, and thanks for letting me register onto this forum. I have been interested in hifi for years since leaving school. I used to buy what hifi every month and dream of my fantastic sounding system I would buy in the future. I've grown up since then but still collect music. I have a massive music collection which spans all genres from Abba through to AC/DC. I've always been a vinyl freak and with the current interest in it again I'm moving back to playing it more and getting rid of some of my cd collection. We've moved house in the last couple of years and I'm doing a lot of alterations as I go from room to room. When I did the dining room I spent a lot of money trying to sound proof the room and make everything hifi friendly. My system comprises of a Marantz pm4400 amp, Cambridge audio D500se Cd player, a Goldring lenco GL 75 turntable, Kenwood multiple Cd player dpf-j3030, Denon Tu-260L tuner and Kef floor standing speakers. I'm really pleased with the quality of sound with all my components at the moment. I would like to upgrade to a dab tuner in future and thinking bout selling the lenco for a new model while it's still working good, but that's probably something I will be discussing on the forum. Here's hoping for some interesting discussions , thanks Dave Cade

I'm Martin.

Hi Dave, welcome to the forum

Not much wrong with a Lenco GL75, quite a few members here use one. Can be modified to be up there with the best, too.
    Current Lash Up:

TEAC VRDS 701T > Sony TAE1000ESD > Krell KSA50S > JM Labs Focal Electra 926.

I'm openingabottleofwine.

Welcome to AoS Dave,

Nice introduction. I would agree with Martin regarding your GL75. What cartridge are you using? It would probably be better to upgrade the cartridge rather than replace the deck.

Enjoy the Forum
    Barry
    Barry

I'm Geoff.

Hello David. Welcome to AOS.

Yeah. Keep the GL75. It's a fine reliable turntable that sounds excellent even in standard trim. They require little maintenance apart from the basics.

If you want to upgrade your system, there are many options and you can discuss them with members.

Enjoy the forum,
    Geoff.

+ Reply to Thread