+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Wanted : Valve Pre Amp - WHY?

Bigman80 Guest

Why not just sell off your gear and buy the matching pre. I seem to remember you being very impressed by it.

At least then you'd be where you want to be and enjoying the music rather than contemplating flogging everything every few weeks.

I'm Mike.

Quote Originally Posted by Bigman80 View Post
    Why not just sell off your gear and buy the matching pre. I seem to remember you being very impressed by it.

At least then you'd be where you want to be and enjoying the music rather than contemplating flogging everything every few weeks.
    Trouble is, even sellinh off my spare kit leaves me well short of the matching Pre

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Bigman80 Guest

Oh

How much is it?
    Quote Originally Posted by mikeyb View Post
    Trouble is, even sellinh off my spare kit leaves me well short of the matching Pre

I'm Mike.

Quote Originally Posted by Bigman80 View Post
    Oh

How much is it?
    £3000 retail

I'm David.

Hi, yes, I do have a demo unit available with phono stage which you are welcome to borrow against a deposit /cost of transport.
    David

Bigman80 Guest

Quote Originally Posted by mikeyb View Post
    £3000 retail

Oh dear lol.

I still think you'd be better off waiting and saving up for it. You won't be happy untill you've got one.

I'm brian.

Mike, I have an Audio Innovations L2 pre for sale.

Im coming up again soon and can happily leave it with you for a few days if you wanted.

500, but dont let the low price put you off. Its fantastic

I'm Adam.

+1 on the Satchmo pre amps it's a wonderful pre.
    "lack of passion is fatal"

Vinyl: Thorens TD-124mk2 / SME-312 Aluminium 'special' / SME M2-9R / STEREO: Etsuro Urushi Cobalt / Shure M3D / Ortofon SPU A95 / Cartridge Man Music Master / Shure - SC35C (US) / SAEC C3 MC MONO: Miyajima Zero B 0.7mil mono / Miyajima Premium 1.0 / Amps & SUTs: Radford STA25 mk3 / AD Audio 'Satchmo2' pre & LCR phono / Hashimoto HM-7 SUT / ETR-MONO SUT Digital: Audio Note 4.1 (with DAC5 upgrades) DAC / Roon / Tidal Speakers: Tannoy 12" MGs' in RFC custom 'Rutland' Cabinets with RFC crossovers / Tannoy ST-100 Super Tweeters Cables: LFD Grainless phono / RFC Mercury / Duelund DCA16GA tinned copper / Kimber 12TC / SW1X Audio Design USB-SPdif / Duelund DCA20GA interconnects / SW1X Audio SPDIF Aero 6 / Mains Power Conditioner / Box Furniture rack / Audiodesk Systeme Vinyl Cleaner / a very beautiful & understanding Wife!

I'm Phil.

thats good to know , be interested in more views and hope you get a demo . am i right in thinking its based on the herron pre that jerry mentioned

big fan of modwright pre amps too, build quaility is superb and expansive sound . the little schiit saga buffer valve pre seems very good too especially for the money
    ou might slip, you might slide, you might
    Stumble and fall by the road side
    But don't you ever let nobody drag your spirit down
    Remember you're walking up to heaven

Don't let nobody turn you around
    … Walk with the rich, walk with the poor
    Learn from everyone, that's what life is for
    And don't you let nobody drag your spirit down

Eric Bibb

I'm Mike.

Quote Originally Posted by AD Audio View Post
    Hi, yes, I do have a demo unit available with phono stage which you are welcome to borrow against a deposit /cost of transport.
    David
    That would be great, send me some details and I'll try and sort delivery /deposit out today (at work just now so might be delay in replying)

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast