+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: YouTube Premium music streaming service

I'm gone.

Default YouTube Premium music streaming service

I've just had an email offering three months free of their new service.

Anyone going for it?

https://www.youtube.com/musicpremium

This little clause requires further looking into ... "You agree that your purchase will be available immediately and that you waive your statutory right of withdrawal."
    It seems to be different from subscription cancellation if I didn't want to continue after 3 months and start paying ... ?

I'm Barry.

Can't see any mention of streaming quality?

I'm Paul.

You can cancel at an time. It does state this elsewhere. I think what you refer to is withdrawl from contract. This is only relevant on, say, buying double glazing where you will have a 14 day cooling off period after signing, so if you change your mind you can.

On this YT service you receive your purchase and can use it immediatel, therefore you cannot withdraw and decide to return it. It does look like you can still ask for refund if your purchase was not what you were expecting, ie. misrepresented in some way, may a different quality to that advertised.
    ~Paul~

I'm Martin.

Quote Originally Posted by jandl100 View Post
    I've just had an email offering three months free of their new service.

Anyone going for it?

https://www.youtube.com/musicpremium

This little clause requires further looking into ... "You agree that your purchase will be available immediately and that you waive your statutory right of withdrawal."
    It seems to be different from subscription cancellation if I didn't want to continue after 3 months and start paying ... ?
    I think that applies to downloading a film, you can't download it, watch it, then decide to cancel and ask for a refund. The streaming service you can cancel anytime, but they won't do a partial refund of the subscription for that month.
    Current Lash Up:

TEAC VRDS 701T > Sony TAE1000ESD > Krell KSA50S > JM Labs Focal Electra 926.

I'm gone.

I've signed up.
    Only time for a quick explore before I set off for 'work' today, search option brings up albums and YT vids. Looks promising, but won't get a chance to listen to it till this evening.

Anyone know the quality?
    Last edited by jandl100; 23-06-2018 at 11:13.

I'm Mike.

Pretty sure it's 320mbps

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

I'm Grant.

Yup. Its lossy
    Regards,
    Grant .... ؠ ......Don't be such a big girl's blouse

I've said it before and I'll say it again: democracy simply-doesn't-work
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

Oh my god! There's nothing wrong with the bidet is there?

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

"You don't have free will. You have the appearance of free will.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm gone.

Well ... I've had a brief play with it and I suppose it's early days, but the classical catalogue is very sparsely filled. Not much there at all compared to Spotify, Qobuz or Tidal.
    Only had a brief play with it, but a thumbs down so far.
    It sounds OK - similar to Spotify Premium at first blush, but doesn't have the finer detail of 16/44 Qobuz.
    Be interesting to see where it's got to in 3 months when the free sub ends.

I'm Justin.

I've been playing with the Android mobile app casting to my telly in free no obligation mode.

For the three bands I checked, the content is almost exactly the same as TIDAL. Which is annoying. If there was disparity it would make it much more interesting.

I have noticed Spotify, TIDAL, YT etc all seem to have very similar content for the bands I like, so access to the content of any artist that is missing can't be made up by switching services.

I think that's deliberate.

Bummer.

I'm gone.

... as a UI for searching and playing YT vids it's excellent

Hmm -- I wonder if the YT vid playback is down sampled to the 320kbs used for the albums even for the hi-rez available direct from YouTube? If so, not so good.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast