Page 2 of 23 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Going Linear with the Caiman

Thanks - as usual. Ade

Quote Originally Posted by StanleyB View Post
    The lead with the grey stripes is +V.

I'm Jerry.

Quote Originally Posted by paul_cz View Post
    Jerry,
    can you provide us with some details about your PSU build? I just came along the same kit when I did some research for a DIY linear supply ... Would be interesting if you could share your experience in building it and listening to it.
    -
    Cherrs,
    cz
    Hi Paul,
    I cant tell you what it sounds like 'cos I made a slight blunder and touched both probes of my multimeter together when I was adjusting it.
    New regulator to be installed.
    The instructions were none existant-it said 'assemble as diagram' but the diagram was very poor. Anyone above numptie stage should put it together in an hour. Took me about a week. It didn't tell you that the regulator should be bolted to the heatsink and separated by a mica washer and didn't mention heat compound.
    Parts are all well known and the circuit board is a beefy 2mm thick.
    Jerry
    Hifi: IPL transmission line floorstanding speakers, Squeezebox Touch, Denafrips Ares 11 DAC, DCB1 Pre-amplifier, Croft Series 7 power amp.
    Custom Hifi cables HA10SE headphone amplifier and Hifiman HE-400 headphones.
    AV system: LG 55B7, Denon AVR -x2300w receiver, Quad 12L (front) 11c Centre and 11L rear . Velodyne DD15 subwoofer.

I'm Boris.

... so I'm looking forward to reports after you installed new reg ,-)
    Cheers,
    cz

I'm Jerry.

Well my home made power supply has been running with my Murata regg'd 7520 (thanks to Puffin for the repair) and I have to say the results are stunning. Just to complicate matters I have also switched to the AD826 op-amps so I can't be certain the improvement is all down to the power supply.
    The improvement is across the range-vocals, soundstage, dynamic range, its like having a new system.
    If you have gone as far as fitting the Murata's then you NEED to get a decent 15v supply.
    Jerry
    Hifi: IPL transmission line floorstanding speakers, Squeezebox Touch, Denafrips Ares 11 DAC, DCB1 Pre-amplifier, Croft Series 7 power amp.
    AV system: LG 55B7, Denon AVR -x2300w receiver, Quad 12L (front) 11c Centre and 11L rear . Velodyne DD15 subwoofer.

I'm Boris.

Jerry,

nice to hear. Do you run the PS kit you mention in the other PSU-Tread? Any mods on the kit done? I ask as you mention it's a little bit noisy ...

Cheers,
    cz

I'm Jerry.

I have to say that I cannot notice any noise but I am looking forward to seeing (and hearing) what the Teddyreg does.
    Jerry

MartinT Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Covenant View Post
    I am looking forward to seeing (and hearing) what the Teddyreg does.
    Note also that I built a PSU for the Caiman using the SuperTeddy reg. Sounds very good indeed.

PSU for Caiman with Pics

I'm David.

I did this...
    Turned the thing to most clockwise... Reads 15.36v should I turn it down to 15.00
    CS Port TAT2 - Benz LPS - Funkfirm Houdini - DS Audio Vinyl Ionizer - CS Port C3EQ - Kondo G70 - Kondo Gakuoh II - Maxonic TW1100 MKII - Isol-8 SubStation Integra

MartinT Guest

I think you're safe up to 16V, but don't blame me if it explodes! How does it sound?

I'm David.

Dunno .. Not tried it yet..
    Cheers for pointing me to this thread Martin ...
    Any more firm comment on the voltage issue... I'm trying to avoid fire here
    CS Port TAT2 - Benz LPS - Funkfirm Houdini - DS Audio Vinyl Ionizer - CS Port C3EQ - Kondo G70 - Kondo Gakuoh II - Maxonic TW1100 MKII - Isol-8 SubStation Integra

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 23 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast