Hi all,

After missing out on a Nelson Pass B1 preamp recently, I decided I'd have a look at building one.

A quick chat with Alan alerted me to a B1 buffer being sold by Jazid (James) so I snapped it up.

I've decided to try and reuse the case it's all currently residing in and get a black perspex sheet to replace the Aluminium front.

I settled on an Elma 2 pole selector switch (same as in the Slagle I have just sold) which I felt was as good as it gets really for a selector switch and a Khozmo Stepped attenuator, which again is scant company at the top of the attenuation tree.

2 shaft extension bars will enable mounting of the switches to be as close to the outputs and input as possible so this should keep the signal path extremely short.

The hopes are that we can fit a 3 in 1 out configuration on the already slightly congested back panel. Luckily I have an expert to call on so that should be very beneficial.

Hookup wire is still to be decided but I'd like to try and use the same as the existing wire.

Any suggestions on what it is from the pictures?