+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 18 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Nelson Pass B1 preamp build

I'm Neil.

Just a little clarification that this is not a Pass B1, it is a DC-coupled version of the B1 with on-board shunt regulators, and is thus better than the Pass B1.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Mana Acoustics Racks / Bright Star IsoNodes Decoupling >> Allo DigiOne Player >> Pedja Rogic's Audial Model S DAC + Pioneer PL-71 turntable / Vista Audio phono-1 mk II / Denon PCL-5 headshell / Reson Reca >> LFD DLS >> LFD PA2M (SE) >> Royd RR3s.

I'm Alan.

That's why I suggested Oliver snap it up quick

I'm Mike.

I tried a DC B1, kept it a week, and that was only because I worked 3 days that week, otherwise it would have been gone sooner lol

Best of luck with the build, hope it turns out good for you.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Bigman80 Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Yomanze View Post
    Just a little clarification that this is not a Pass B1, it is a DC-coupled version of the B1 with on-board shunt regulators, and is thus better than the Pass B1.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Ah! Yes that good news lol

Bigman80 Guest

Quote Originally Posted by mikeyb View Post
    I tried a DC B1, kept it a week, and that was only because I worked 3 days that week, otherwise it would have been gone sooner lol

Best of luck with the build, hope it turns out good for you.

Mikey lol, that made me laugh.

What didn't you like about it and what did you use it with?

Hopefully it's a better experience than yours.

Bigman80 Guest

Quote Originally Posted by RothwellAudio View Post
    I would seriously consider re-housing the circuit in a new, bigger box. Having that large mains transformer sitting right next to everything else would concern me. A bigger box would give you more space to work and allow you to get the mains transformer well off to one side.
    I know Andrew but the cost of buying a new case is out of the question at the minute. I may be able to re-home the transformer into a smaller case and we'll away from the circuit. I'll see how big the transformer is when it arrives and work from there.

After I've had a listen to it, as I don't want to throw good money at a dead duck.

I'm Mike.

Quote Originally Posted by Bigman80 View Post
    Mikey lol, that made me laugh.

What didn't you like about it and what did you use it with?

Hopefully it's a better experience than yours.
    I'm just very susceptible to an edge on treble and it was the same when I tried the EWA M50 Pre I borrowed from Colin.

Both into my Primaluna Power amp, but don't worry I'm sure you'll like the Pass. It just didn't suit my ears.

Bigman80 Guest

Ah, I see. Ok, well I'm not put off by that so that's good. Just looking forward to it arriving and getting started.
    Quote Originally Posted by mikeyb View Post
    I'm just very susceptible to an edge on treble and it was the same when I tried the EWA M50 Pre I borrowed from Colin.

Both into my Primaluna Power amp, but don't worry I'm sure you'll like the Pass. It just didn't suit my ears.

I'm Alan.

Oliver
    Why would you only choose a 2 way switch ?, get a 6 way and give yourself the option of more inputs if required

Alan
    Turntable - Garrard 401/Jelco 750L/Ortofon Kontrapunkt B, Pioneer PLC 590, Micro Sieki MA505 , Denon DL103R - DIY Paradise Phono stage - Reel 2 Reel Studer A810, Otari MX55,Tascam BR20, Revox A77, B77, PR99, TEAC X1000 & 3440, Digital HTPC / Young Dac - Preamp - DIY B4, 821, Power Amp's DIY Avondale NCC300 Mono Block, Speakers Wilmslow Kit Volt BM220.8 / Scanspeak D2905/9500

I'm Alan.

2 pole 6 way Alan.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 18 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast