+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: What kit did you aspire to own when you were young and poor?

I'm openingabottleofwine.

Quote Originally Posted by walpurgis View Post
    I would feel unclean buying anything with that name on.
    Or the stuff they used to sell in RadioShack (or was it Maplin?) with the name "Realistic".
    Barry

I'm Martin.

Some of the Realistc stuff was pretty good. Well, a lot better than Amstrad anyway.
    Current Lash Up:

TEAC VRDS 701T > Sony TAE1000ESD > Krell KSA50S > JM Labs Focal Electra 926.

I'm Geoff.

Quote Originally Posted by Macca View Post
    Some of the Realistc stuff was pretty good. Well, a lot better than Amstrad anyway.
    Some of the speakers and drive units they sold were made by Foster (now Fostex), so decent quality.

I'm Grant.

Rotel RA 1312 amp was one of my desires
    Regards,
    Grant .... ؠ ......Don't be such a big girl's blouse

I've said it before and I'll say it again: democracy simply-doesn't-work
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

Oh my god! There's nothing wrong with the bidet is there?

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

"You don't have free will. You have the appearance of free will.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Geoff.

Quote Originally Posted by struth View Post
    Rotel RA 1312 amp was one of my desires
    I fancied one of those too. They fetch daft money now. You could buy a Quad 99/909 for the same.

I'm Grant.

looked like this

Regards,
    Grant .... ؠ ......Don't be such a big girl's blouse

I've said it before and I'll say it again: democracy simply-doesn't-work
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

Oh my god! There's nothing wrong with the bidet is there?

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

"You don't have free will. You have the appearance of free will.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Martin.

Yeah that is tasty. Grab handles should be obligatory on all amps.
    Current Lash Up:

TEAC VRDS 701T > Sony TAE1000ESD > Krell KSA50S > JM Labs Focal Electra 926.

I'm Brook.

I never lusted after anything in terms of hifi, it was well down the list after clothes, cars & girls! As long as I had a turntable to play my records on I was happy, it truly was just about the music back then.
    Of course as I got older & could afford to better my kit then it was inevitable I would start looking further up the line & have since about '85 or so had very decent kit, especially turntables, but as I have grown & learned more it has been more about system sinergy than having the "best of everything".

I'm Geoff.

Talking of Realistic, here's a pair of their speakers on ebay. The drive units are all high quality Isophon units. Probably decent speakers. Wouldn't mind them myself.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Speakers-....c100005.m1851

I'm openingabottleofwine.

I never heard any of their gear so couldn't comment - it was just the name "Realistic" that I couldn't get over. Realistic in what way?
    Barry

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast