+ Reply to Thread

Thread: A choice of ecc83 valves.

Location: Banbury, Oxfordshire/Panteg is where my late father was born

I'm Chris.

Default A choice of ecc83 valves.

Having recently acquired a Puresound P10, I dug out my box of spares which have sat unused for quite some time.
    The P10 comes as standard with a JJ ecc83 and I think a Russian 6922 or Ecc88.

In my box of spares I have.
    Two Philips JAN 12AX7WA, these are nos and I originally bought them as back up for my old Concordant Excelsior pre, they have been sat unused for 20 years.

One nos unused Brimar CV4004, I did have three of these but the other two went with the Concordant when I sold it.

Three Chelmer valve gold ecc83's, don't know where these were manufactured but likely Russian or Chinese?

Three unbranded generic ecc83's these came with the Concordant Excelsior and again I've no idea where they were made but knowing Doug they were probably brittish.

Only two Ecc88's, an Amperex made for Hewlett Packard in Holland and a gold pin with unreadable print.

The standard valves that Guy ships with the P10 are excellent but I've so far just tried one of the Philips, it does sound lovely, I'm quite surprised how much better the OC9MLII sounds through the P10 than I've been used to, though I'm going to be switching back to the AT33EV as I've sent mine back for a trade in on a new one from Audio Technica.

I'm not really a big valve roller but I'm glad I kept all my old and unused tubes, some of these are hard to find now and expensive.
    Chris

We've gone on holiday by mistake !

I'm Paul.

Hi Chris I've just posted my findings on what's best in my p10. Regards Ben

Location: Banbury, Oxfordshire/Panteg is where my late father was born

I'm Chris.

Quote Originally Posted by Lordlidder View Post
    Hi Chris I've just posted my findings on what's best in my p10. Regards Ben
    Thanks Paul.
    Last edited by chris@panteg; 02-07-2018 at 09:37.
    Chris

We've gone on holiday by mistake !

+ Reply to Thread