+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Introducing myself to the forum

I'm Norman.

Default Introducing myself to the forum

Hello Everybody,
    Some of you will already know me as Storming Norm on the wigwam forum.I currently reside in Thrapston Northants and have managed to assemble the following as my main system without unbelievably too much protestation from the Mrs.,Full Fidelity Audio modded Marantz sa 11/2 which destroys the sa10,Audio Analogue Class A se modded to Airtech spec,Cadence Arca speakers sitting on Townshend podiums ,PurePower Gold 3000+.
    And more boxes of potential 2nd system hifi that I prefer not to list incase the wife reads this introduction.
    My music tastes are very eclectic,I have been known to buy music that I don't particularly like just to fill a perceived gap in my collection!
    I have amassed over 600 sacds,but have restricted my imports from the USA due to the high import taxes,somehow imports from Asia appear to not get clobbered for charges.
    I can also recommend k2 hdcds as the majority have been beautifully mastered,beware of fake k2 hdcds on Ebay.I reported one Ebay powerseller to Ebay and via my feedback comments which were removed from the seller's feedback by ebay !
    Enough ramblings for now.

Regards
    Norm

I'm Martin.

Hi Norm, welcome to the forum.

The Cadence Arca are a very interesting speaker, how are they working out for you?
    Current Lash Up:

TEAC VRDS 701T > Sony TAE1000ESD > Krell KSA50S > JM Labs Focal Electra 926.

I'm Norman.

Quote Originally Posted by Macca View Post
    Hi Norm, welcome to the forum.

The Cadence Arca are a very interesting speaker, how are they working out for you?
    Hi Martin,
    I absolutely love the Arca speakers.(I would say that wouldn't I)They are very open and detailed,highly revealing of any imperfections in the system but just play music.
    With 91db sensitivity they are the first electrostatics that are easily driven by valves or quality class A amplification.They also have a bass response and dynamics unlike any other electrostatics that I have heard .I previously had Zingali floorstanders that I thought were my forever speakers,took a punt on a 2nd hand pair of Cadence Aninas that destroyed the Zingalis'
    so I had to track down a pair of Arcas'.The previous owner bought them in preference to B&W 801s.They are also bloody ugly,however my wife loves the look of them,but then she did marry me and I am no George Clooney look alike!They sound stunning on the end of the Audio Analogue which itself weighs 63kg along with the 70kg Arcas' aren't going anywhere in a hurry.

I'm Phil.

lovely to see you on here , very interested in your thoughts on marantz sacd players , i didn`t know about the fidelity audio mods . i am very happy with my sa8005 but saving for an upgrade
    ou might slip, you might slide, you might
    Stumble and fall by the road side
    But don't you ever let nobody drag your spirit down
    Remember you're walking up to heaven

Don't let nobody turn you around
    … Walk with the rich, walk with the poor
    Learn from everyone, that's what life is for
    And don't you let nobody drag your spirit down

Eric Bibb

I'm Norman.

Hi Phil,

Thankyou for welcoming me to the forum.

My view of Marantz player are they are all superb value for money with the Marantz slightly rose tinted house sound
    that makes for easy system matching.When you move into the Premium range you have the building blocks for something special due to the engineering and
    build quality.I have always felt that the Premium range is underpriced compared to some boutique high end players.Lift the lid on some of these players and
    the engineering isn't a patch on the Marantz.
    The Fidelity Audio mods have transformed the player,with a larger sound stage,increase in detail and dynamics,hear through detail in the bass without sacrificing
    the escense of the Marantz house sound.
    It has been fun when dealers unaware that my player has been modded initilally dismiss my player against there £20k player,only to look puzzled when the Marantz outperforms their player.
    The only caveat is you will only get a fraction of the modification costs when it comes to resale.

I'm Phil.

thanks for that info , will be looking into it sometime . folks are always raving about the modwright mod on sa8005 but not very accesible for folks in uk
    ou might slip, you might slide, you might
    Stumble and fall by the road side
    But don't you ever let nobody drag your spirit down
    Remember you're walking up to heaven

Don't let nobody turn you around
    … Walk with the rich, walk with the poor
    Learn from everyone, that's what life is for
    And don't you let nobody drag your spirit down

Eric Bibb

I'm Geoff.

Hello Norm. Welcome to AOS.

That's an interesting system you've assembled there. I don't recall actually listening to Cadence speakers, but they've been turning out decent looking designs for quite a while.

Anyway, as I'm sure you've seen there is a lot going on here and every aspect of Hi-Fi is covered, so just join in and chat with us.

Enjoy the forum,
    Geoff.

I'm Neil.

Welcome to AoS
    Regards Neil

I'm Norman.

Kind thankyou to you all for welcoming me to your forum.As Geoff has noted, I have an interesting system that all are welcome to come and have a listen.
    Preferably not all at the same time as we won't have enough coffee mugs!

+ Reply to Thread