+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: RADFORD Auditorium

I'm Martin.

You'll get used to them.

You could always get a bigger telly to balance things out.
    Current Lash Up:

TEAC VRDS 701T > Sony TAE1000ESD > Krell KSA50S > JM Labs Focal Electra 926.

I'm Andrew.

What scratch ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm Martin.

Quote Originally Posted by RothwellAudio View Post
    The idea doesn't seem so daft if you appreciate the logic behind it. The basic idea really only applies to sealed box (infinite baffle) speakers, and is an attempt to reduce audible sounds coming from the cabinet walls. Making the walls relatively thin and then damping any vibration with bituminous felt panels was found to be very effective. This method was chosen as a result of quite extensive research on cabinet behaviour by the BBC.
    You can download a copy of the BBC document here:
    https://www.bbc.co.uk/rd/publications/rdreport_1977_03
    I always assumed it was a compromise over using thick-walled cabs as they would make the speaker heavy and hard to move around in a broadcast environment, where you might need to be moving them around quite often? The intro to the paper does seem to back that assumption up. Since there's no need to move the speakers in a domestic environment once you've got them where you want them, I don't see the need for the compromise. Or why some people try to make a virtue out of the compromise.
    Current Lash Up:

TEAC VRDS 701T > Sony TAE1000ESD > Krell KSA50S > JM Labs Focal Electra 926.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456