+ Reply to Thread

Thread: ciderman9000000

I'm Andy.

Default ciderman9000000

Hi,

My name is Andy from Stafford UK.

If I were a millionaire I'd spend many thousands of pounds on AV equipment, but since I'm on minimum wage I have to make do with what I can get. I do have the privilege of living in an old rented terrace house though with two large living rooms and unfussy neighbours, so that helps.

In my TV room I have a Samsung Q7F50 hooked up to a Yamaha YSP-1400. I've had the soundbar for six years or so now and am very happy with it, though my aspiration is to upgrade to a full Dolby Atmos system sometime in the foreseeable future. I have my eye on the Onkyo HT-S7800.

In my music room I have an old Trio/Kenwood KD-1033 vinyl player. It was hooked up to a Sony TA-FE320R and a pair of Technics SB-HD81's — no audiophile's dream, but I was happy with the system. Recently though the amp died, followed shorty thereafter by the Technics. I found a Sherwood AI-2010 going cheap in Cash Converters and used it to replace the Sony as a temporary measure, but now since my Technics have died also I've decided to go for a better upgrade.

I've this week purchased a pair of Mordaunt Short 902i's, and have been looking for a good amp to pair them with, hence my finding this forum. I've been considering the NAD C326BEE, but after advice on here am looking at the Denon PMA350 mk2 also.

My music taste is varied. I'm 34, grew up in Manchester listening to rave music, 90's dance and Oasis et al. Moved to Stafford aged 13 and began listening to Nirvana and Marilyn Manson etc., a lot of punk, some happy hardcore and drum & bass. I love The Pixies and Tom Waits. As an adult my tastes broadened further and I got into Irish Folk and Sea Shanties. Met my girlfriend seven years ago and through her got into Pink Floyd, Johnny Cash and Bob Dylan. We've since had three kids together. I'm at the stage now where I'll pretty much listen to any genre if it's something I like the sound of... I'm easy. My favourite band of all time though remains Marilyn Manson.

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

I'm Martin.

Hi Andy, welcome to AoS. You're just up the road from me.

Never been a better time to buy great used kit at knock down prices, wish it had been like that when I had no cash!
    Current Lash Up:

TEAC VRDS 701T > Sony TAE1000ESD > Krell KSA50S > JM Labs Focal Electra 926.

I'm openingabottleofwine.

Welcome to AoS Andy.

Good introduction - but do you have to have so many zeros in your user name? Are you afraid you might be confused with "ciderman900000"?

Enjoy the Forum
    Barry
    Barry

I'm Geoff.

Hello Andy. Welcome to AOS.

I'm sure you'll like the 902i speakers, Mordaunt Shorts tend to sound decent.

The amp you refer to is actually the Denon PMA-350SE, one of the biggest bargains about soundwise.

I'm sure you'll find plenty to interest you here, so just join in the chat.

Enjoy the forum,
    Geoff.

I'm Andy.

Quote Originally Posted by walpurgis View Post
    Hello Andy. Welcome to AOS.

I'm sure you'll like the 902i speakers, Mordaunt Shorts tend to sound decent.

The amp you refer to is actually the Denon PMA-350SE, one of the biggest bargains about soundwise.

I'm sure you'll find plenty to interest you here, so just join in the chat.

Enjoy the forum,
    Geoff.
    Hi,

Is the PMA-350SE better than the PMA-350II?

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

I'm Geoff.

Quote Originally Posted by ciderman9000000 View Post
    Is the PMA-350SE better than the PMA-350II?
    The Mk.II is older than the SE, which is a more modern 'purist' design, having no tone controls and a less cluttered circuit. Both are decent, but my pick would be the SE.

+ Reply to Thread