+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: FS: vintage Marantz 4230 receiver and 5020 cassette deck

I'm gone.

Default FS: vintage Marantz 4230 receiver and 5020 cassette deck

Iconic. Stunning.
    Gosh I must be mad!!

Well, I have owned these utterly amazing pieces for a few years now. Checking, I bought them in 2014.
    It's not exaggerating to say they were one of the stellar highlights of the Scalford show that I took them to.
    But what makes them truly legendary is that they feature in the AOS banner!
    It's wonderful to have them around, but well, I guess maybe it's time to make a bit of room and move them on.

They both work and both have been checked over and serviced by a competent professional engineer (http://fixmyamp.co.uk/).
    Subsequently, the tape deck has found playing tapes to be a bit of a struggle - I thought it was a tired motor, but I was informed by someone far more knowledgeable than me that it's very likely it simply needs a new belt.

They are vintage kit and the best I can say is that, like any gear, they worked as specified when last tried.
    They could probably do with another checkup tbh, that's what I would do if I bought them.

I'd much rather sell them as a pair.
    So £400 collected (or meet up) for the two of them.
    I don't want to courier these lovely items.
    I'm in Glos GL17 but am happy to drive a fair way to deliver or meet up.

Cor .....

I'm Andrew.

Oooow
    Nice ....and very tempting, Hmmmm

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm Alan.

Flipping heck Jerry, I never thought these would go

I'm gone.

... hmm, I might change my mind, Alan!

I'm Alan.

Gordon Bennet...the receiver's worth that on its own....and someone is asking a grand for the deck on fleabay
    'ANDSOME IN THE SUMMER..'ORIBBLE IN THE WINTER. Barney Milne

Cambridge Audio CXN, Seagate nas drive, Michell Gyrodec SE, SME309, Benz M2 Ruby cantilever, Denon DL103, Primare R32, Densen D20, Densen D30, Cambridge Audio 840A V2 integrated, Pioneer SX-N30AE Network Stereo Receiver, Roksan Darius speakers, Technics speakers, Canon speakers, Bastanis Dragonfly Horns, REL Storm III sub, Target R1 speaker stands, Atacama Equinox.

I'm gone.

Quote Originally Posted by mad-moon View Post
    Gordon Bennet...the receiver's worth that on its own....and someone is asking a grand for the deck on fleabay
    Hmm, perhaps I need to re-visit my pricing!

... offers in the region of £2k will be carefully considered.

I'm Alan.

Quote Originally Posted by jandl100 View Post
    Hmm, perhaps I need to re-visit my pricing!
    definitely

Cambridge Audio CXN, Seagate nas drive, Michell Gyrodec SE, SME309, Benz M2 Ruby cantilever, Denon DL103, Primare R32, Densen D20, Densen D30, Cambridge Audio 840A V2 integrated, Pioneer SX-N30AE Network Stereo Receiver, Roksan Darius speakers, Technics speakers, Canon speakers, Bastanis Dragonfly Horns, REL Storm III sub, Target R1 speaker stands, Atacama Equinox.

I'm gone.

Well, looking at fleabay I think what some people ask and what they actually sell for are a fair way apart.

Recent US sales are £225 for the receiver and £175 for the tape deck - so I think I have got it about right.

I'm Alan.

they are stunning Jerry....glws..hope they go to a good home....knocking bet they sound as good as they look too....beautiful..

I'm Nathan.

PM Sent

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast