+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: This is why i won’t send vintage Hifi

I'm Andrew.

Quote Originally Posted by jandl100 View Post
    I've seen a similar vid with a DPD van and driver.
    I'm sure it happens with all the others as well.
    I guess you get incompetent twunks* in any firm or line of business.

* Am I allowed to say twunks? - I don't think it refers to anyone's genitalia.

Personally I’ve heard about bad experiences with all of them except( so far ) with ups .🤷🏼*♂️

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm Kevin.

I have had a bad experience with UPS.
    I refused to sign for a delivery as it looks like someone had played football for 90 minutes with a parcel.
    Kevin

Too busy enjoying the music....

European loan coordinator for Graham Slee HiFi system components..

I'm Andrew.

I guess that confirms that they’re all crap.
    Collection only rules

I'm Andrew.

Is there a niche in the market here
    I have the van
    I have the time
    Hmmmm

I'm Martin.

Just checked, it was in NI and he was sacked yesterday.
    Current Lash Up:

TEAC VRDS 701T > Sony TAE1000ESD > Krell KSA50S > JM Labs Focal Electra 926.

I'm Andrew.

Quote Originally Posted by Macca View Post
    Just checked, it was in NI and he was sacked yesterday.
    Kind of good news but then someone losing their job makes it bitter sweet plus that’s going to hurt Fed ex mate .

I'm Grant.

should be charged with criminal damage.
    Regards,
    Grant .... ؠ ......Don't be such a big girl's blouse

I've said it before and I'll say it again: democracy simply-doesn't-work
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

Oh my god! There's nothing wrong with the bidet is there?

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

"You don't have free will. You have the appearance of free will.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Martin.

I've got no sympathy for him.

You've got to bear in mind that FedEx employs almost half a million people. Your always going to get the odd rogue in a company that size.
    Current Lash Up:

TEAC VRDS 701T > Sony TAE1000ESD > Krell KSA50S > JM Labs Focal Electra 926.

I'm Martin.

Yes but why wouldnt you think that goes on from time to time. Thats the worst case scenario I imagine when considering sending anything...then falling off the end of a conveyor belt and so on.

I wouldnt dream of sending a turntable, or anything above a certain weight to fragile ratio. I wouldnt send anything that can easily be damaged.

I have been up all night packing things in a bombproof way. If I time myself at minimum wage I am often making a loss on the deal

Im not calling that particular firm...they all have lowest common denominator drivers who suffer stress and anger issues.

The other problem is everyone wants stuff delivered for £3 so you get the rise of the zero hours private vehicles couriers who are left with little incentive to get things right.

I'm Andrew.

Quote Originally Posted by Minstrel SE View Post
    Yes but why wouldnt you think that goes on from time to time. Thats the first worst case scenario I imagine when considering sending anything...then falling off the end of a conveyor belt and so on.

I wouldnt dream of sending a turntable, or anything above a certain weight to fragile ratio. I wouldnt send anything that can easily be damaged.

I have been up all night packing things in a bombproof way. If I time myself at minimum wage I am often making a loss on the deal

Im not calling that particular firm...they all have drivers who suffer stress and anger issues.

The other problem is everyone wants stuff delivered for £3 so you get the rise of the zero hours private vehicles couriers who are left with little incentive to get things right.
    That’s true . In the long run the customers suffer by either paying for the better higher cost service or taking a big risk with irreplaceable items . Collection rules

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast