+ Reply to Thread
Page 9 of 25 FirstFirst ... 789101119 ... LastLast

Thread: Don’t you just hate people who....

I'm openingabottleofwine.

Quote Originally Posted by Macca View Post
    Spitting on the pavement should be a capital crime. I think we should sort that out first before we turn on the fat chicks
    Don't vist China then! Bringing up phlegm and spitting it out is regarded there as being good for you. Even if spitoons are provided, the majority of users seem to miss!
    Barry

I'm Geoff.

Quote Originally Posted by Len Co View Post
    What about suits? I was talking to a young chap the other day who thought they were the be all and end all as far as clothing goes. For me they are totally boring, especially the jackets. OK, I can see the elegance aspect in a well cut outfit on a good figure but that aside 'good' suits tend to be mostly plain and of a similar style and as I say, boring as hell. I used to have one for every day of the week when I was working back in the 80's but it was the only option really in an office back then. Thank God jeans and sandals are normally acceptable these days.
    When I was a hippy teenager, we used to call blokes in suits 'stiffs'.

I spent thirty five years working in various civil engineering offices surrounded by 'stiffs' in suits or at least collar & tie and I got away with jeans and teeshirt the whole time. Wasn't much they could do about it anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by Marco View Post
    Yes, preferably up the arse.

I get the ripped jeans thing, which can work if you're under 25, but as for the rest, he's clearly been reading the wrong magazines... Or some other sad fashion victim has given him a bum steer on social media

Marco.
    Ripped jeans are NEVER acceptable, regardless of make or age of the wearer.
    Barry

I'm Martin.

Not ok, but out on the street, *marginally* more acceptable. If you're at the beach, and they're worn without socks, then like flip-flops, they're fine. However, I personally don't wear either under any circumstances. If I'm at the beach during the summer, then it's strictly bare feet (with a T-shirt and shorts).

Incidentally, do you hold the same views about women wearing sandals?

Marco.
    Women can wear what they want, it isn't the same.

I'm same as you, I will not wear sandals or flip flops even at the beach or the pool, there it is barefoot only. Saw a bloke the other day wearing shorts and flip flops walking down the street by my house. Had his little daughter with him. He's probably scarred her for life.

Worse still last time I was at my brothers his son was wearing sandals, I had a quiet word, don't think he'll be doing it again. It's up to us all to make a stand against it, especially with Brexit coming up.
    Current Lash Up:

TEAC VRDS 701T > Sony TAE1000ESD > Krell KSA50S > JM Labs Focal Electra 926.

I'm AudioAl'sArbiterForPISHANTO.

Quote Originally Posted by Barry View Post
    Ripped jeans are NEVER acceptable, regardless of make or age of the wearer.
    Yes, but you are rather old-fashioned and 'out of touch', old chap, and I'm sure you won't mind me saying that. I've not seen you in a pair of jeans yet, of ANY description!

Anyway, right now the footy beckons, so I'll reply more later!

Marco.
    Main System

Turntable: Heavily-modified Technics SL-1210MK5G [Mike New bearing/ETP platter/Paul Hynes SR7 PSU & reg mods]. Funk Firm APM Achromat/Nagaoka GL-601 Crystal Record Weight/Isonoe feet & boots/Ortofon RS-212D/Denon DL-103GL in Denon PCL-300 headshell with Funk Firm Houdini/Kondo SL-115 pure-silver cartridge leads.

Paul Hynes MC head amp/SR5 PSU. Also modded Lentek head amp/Denon AU-310 SUT.

Other Cartridges: Nippon Columbia (NOS 1987) Denon DL-103. USA-made Shure SC35C with NOS stylus. Goldring G820 with NOS stylus. Shure M55E with NOS stylus.

CD Player: Audiocom-modified Sony X-777ES/DAS-R1 DAC.

Tape Deck: Tandberg TCD 310, fully restored and recalibrated as new, by RDE, plus upgraded with heads from the TCD-420a. Also with matching TM4 Norway microphones.

Preamps: Heavily-modified Croft Charisma-X. LDR Stereo Coffee. Power Amps: Tube Distinctions Copper Amp fitted with Tungsol KT-150s. Quad 306.

Cables & Sundries: Mark Grant HDX1 interconnects and digital coaxial cable, plus Mark Grant 6mm UP-LCOFC Van Damme speaker cable. MCRU 'Ultimate' mains leads. Lehmann clone headphone amp with vintage Koss PRO-4AAA headphones.

Tube Distinctions digital noise filter. VPI HW16.5 record cleaning machine.

Speakers: Tannoy 15MGs in Lockwood cabinets with modified crossovers. 1967 Celestion Ditton 15.

Protect your HUMAN RIGHTS and REFUSE ANY *MANDATORY* VACCINE FOR COVID-19!

Also **SAY NO** to unjust 'vaccine passports' or certificates, which are totally incompatible with a FREE society!!!

I'm Geoff.

Well I'm going to carry on wearing sandals!

Yes, but you are rather old-fashioned and 'out of touch', old chap, and I'm sure you won't mind me saying that. I've not seen you in a pair of jeans yet, of ANY description!

Anyway, right now the footy beckons, so I'll reply more later!

Marco.
    Out of touch? You haven't seen my mohawk hair cut, neck tattoo and body piercings!

I possess several pairs of jeans; they are all black and all have zip flys. I wear them when gardening, or in winter. Denim is too uncomfortable to wear in the heat.

(Anyway, one can't wear a tie whilst wearing jeans!)
    Barry

I'm Geoff.

I wouldn't mind betting there are one or two members who STILL have an old pair of flared jeans that have been stuck on a hanger at the back of a wardrobe since the seventies.

Quote Originally Posted by walpurgis View Post
    I wouldn't mind betting there are one or two members who STILL have an old pair of flared jeans that have been stuck on a hanger at the back of a wardrobe since the seventies.
    Not me , but I may have a pair of plum-coloured needlecord jeans somewhere.

I loathed the fashion style of the '70s: flared trousers; loon pants; skinny-rib pullovers; tight fitting shirts with huge collars, and clumpy platform shoes.
    Barry

I'm Adam.

haha.

"lack of passion is fatal"

Vinyl: Thorens TD-124mk2 / SME-312 Aluminium 'special' / SME M2-9R / STEREO: Etsuro Urushi Cobalt / Shure M3D / Ortofon SPU A95 / Cartridge Man Music Master / Shure - SC35C (US) / SAEC C3 MC MONO: Miyajima Zero B 0.7mil mono / Miyajima Premium 1.0 / Amps & SUTs: Radford STA25 mk3 / AD Audio 'Satchmo2' pre & LCR phono / Hashimoto HM-7 SUT / ETR-MONO SUT Digital: Audio Note 4.1 (with DAC5 upgrades) DAC / Roon / Tidal Speakers: Tannoy 12" MGs' in RFC custom 'Rutland' Cabinets with RFC crossovers / Tannoy ST-100 Super Tweeters Cables: LFD Grainless phono / RFC Mercury / Duelund DCA16GA tinned copper / Kimber 12TC / SW1X Audio Design USB-SPdif / Duelund DCA20GA interconnects / SW1X Audio SPDIF Aero 6 / Mains Power Conditioner / Box Furniture rack / Audiodesk Systeme Vinyl Cleaner / a very beautiful & understanding Wife!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 9 of 25 FirstFirst ... 789101119 ... LastLast