+ Reply to Thread
Page 11 of 25 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast

Thread: Don’t you just hate people who....

I'm Martin.

I'm sure there are but how many of them want to get involved with a bloke who is so narcissistic?

IME none of them.
    Current Lash Up:

TEAC VRDS 701T > Sony TAE1000ESD > Krell KSA50S > JM Labs Focal Electra 926.

I'm AudioAl'sArbiterForPISHANTO.

Quote Originally Posted by Macca View Post
    I'm sure there are but how many of them want to get involved with a bloke who is so narcissistic?

IME none of them.
    Nah, it's just fashion. I know where you're coming from, but for me there's no problem with young guys experimenting with clothes. There's nothing narcissistic about it. I used to do it when I was young. I'm not into the bushy beard thing now, though.

The problem is when you get a middle-aged twit trying to look 'cool', or emulating a 'fashionista', and subsequently looking like a total arse (such as was shown earlier)!

Marco.
    Main System

Turntable: Heavily-modified Technics SL-1210MK5G [Mike New bearing/ETP platter/Paul Hynes SR7 PSU & reg mods]. Funk Firm APM Achromat/Nagaoka GL-601 Crystal Record Weight/Isonoe feet & boots/Ortofon RS-212D/Denon DL-103GL in Denon PCL-300 headshell with Funk Firm Houdini/Kondo SL-115 pure-silver cartridge leads.

Paul Hynes MC head amp/SR5 PSU. Also modded Lentek head amp/Denon AU-310 SUT.

Other Cartridges: Nippon Columbia (NOS 1987) Denon DL-103. USA-made Shure SC35C with NOS stylus. Goldring G820 with NOS stylus. Shure M55E with NOS stylus.

CD Player: Audiocom-modified Sony X-777ES/DAS-R1 DAC.

Tape Deck: Tandberg TCD 310, fully restored and recalibrated as new, by RDE, plus upgraded with heads from the TCD-420a. Also with matching TM4 Norway microphones.

Preamps: Heavily-modified Croft Charisma-X. LDR Stereo Coffee. Power Amps: Tube Distinctions Copper Amp fitted with Tungsol KT-150s. Quad 306.

Cables & Sundries: Mark Grant HDX1 interconnects and digital coaxial cable, plus Mark Grant 6mm UP-LCOFC Van Damme speaker cable. MCRU 'Ultimate' mains leads. Lehmann clone headphone amp with vintage Koss PRO-4AAA headphones.

Tube Distinctions digital noise filter. VPI HW16.5 record cleaning machine.

Speakers: Tannoy 15MGs in Lockwood cabinets with modified crossovers. 1967 Celestion Ditton 15.

Protect your HUMAN RIGHTS and REFUSE ANY *MANDATORY* VACCINE FOR COVID-19!

Also **SAY NO** to unjust 'vaccine passports' or certificates, which are totally incompatible with a FREE society!!!

I'm Kevin.

And wtf is wrong with wearing sandals?
    When it is really hot, you don’t want trainers or shoes. Trust me.
    I have a set that Imwear when it gets really hot, but they are not leather. I can’t stand flip flops but many people wear them.

If you go somewhere hot, have a look at what the locals are wearing and you will see how to keep cooler....
    Kevin

Too busy enjoying the music....

European loan coordinator for Graham Slee HiFi system components..

Quote Originally Posted by Barry View Post
    Out of touch? You haven't seen my mohawk hair cut, neck tattoo and body piercings!
    Lol.. Does that do it for Happy, in your 'quiet moments' together?

I possess several pairs of jeans; they are all black and all have zip flys. I wear them when gardening, or in winter. Denim is too uncomfortable to wear in the heat.

(Anyway, one can't wear a tie whilst wearing jeans!)
    Haha - yes ties are *so* you!

You can keep them, as far as I'm concerned, as they're the most uncomfortable things ever... Had a lifetime of wearing them (and suits) as a salesman! So these days, I like to be comfy and casual, and that means allowing my neck to breathe and be unconstrained by a buttoned up shirt.

The point I was making, in terms of jeans, is that I've never seen you wear any outside, especially blue denim ones. I could see you though in a nice crisp white shirt and cravat!

Marco.
    Main System

Turntable: Heavily-modified Technics SL-1210MK5G [Mike New bearing/ETP platter/Paul Hynes SR7 PSU & reg mods]. Funk Firm APM Achromat/Nagaoka GL-601 Crystal Record Weight/Isonoe feet & boots/Ortofon RS-212D/Denon DL-103GL in Denon PCL-300 headshell with Funk Firm Houdini/Kondo SL-115 pure-silver cartridge leads.

Other Cartridges: Nippon Columbia (NOS 1987) Denon DL-103. USA-made Shure SC35C with NOS stylus. Goldring G820 with NOS stylus. Shure M55E with NOS stylus.

Tape Deck: Tandberg TCD 310, fully restored and recalibrated as new, by RDE, plus upgraded with heads from the TCD-420a. Also with matching TM4 Norway microphones.

Preamps: Heavily-modified Croft Charisma-X. LDR Stereo Coffee. Power Amps: Tube Distinctions Copper Amp fitted with Tungsol KT-150s. Quad 306.

Cables & Sundries: Mark Grant HDX1 interconnects and digital coaxial cable, plus Mark Grant 6mm UP-LCOFC Van Damme speaker cable. MCRU 'Ultimate' mains leads. Lehmann clone headphone amp with vintage Koss PRO-4AAA headphones.

Speakers: Tannoy 15MGs in Lockwood cabinets with modified crossovers. 1967 Celestion Ditton 15.

Also **SAY NO** to unjust 'vaccine passports' or certificates, which are totally incompatible with a FREE society!!!

Quote Originally Posted by struth View Post
    ive a neighbor who is young lass and mostly wanders about in her jammy bottoms...i mean its just not right
    The problem is so many young girls now lack self-confidence/have low self-esteem and struggle embracing their femininity, so simply bum around like slobs, behaving like blokes, thus turning into swearing, pint-swilling 'ladettes'. It's a sad indictment of today's 'dumbed down' (in so many ways) society.

Bring back the days when men were men and women were women!

Marco.
    Main System

I'm Geoff.

Quote Originally Posted by Marco View Post
    The problem is when you get a middle-aged idiot trying to look 'cool', or emulating a 'fashionista', and subsequently looking like a right tit (such as was shown earlier)!

Marco.
    Saw a bloke pushing fifty the other day with skin tight black jeans and one of those strange haircuts shaved up one side with long top combed across. He looked as though he'd been copying his 18 year old son. Berk!

I'm Martin.

Quote Originally Posted by CageyH View Post
    And wtf is wrong with wearing sandals?
    When it is really hot, you don’t want trainers or shoes. Trust me.
    I have a set that Imwear when it gets really hot, but they are not leather. I can’t stand flip flops but many people wear them.

If you go somewhere hot, have a look at what the locals are wearing and you will see how to keep cooler....
    I wear the same thing wherever I go, regardless of the heat. A bit of heat never hurt anyone, it's a pleasant change to be warm if you live in the UK. Certainly wouldn't be seen dead 'going native' as regards to dress.

If I sound like a reactionary that's probably because I am.
    Current Lash Up:

TEAC VRDS 701T > Sony TAE1000ESD > Krell KSA50S > JM Labs Focal Electra 926.

I'm Kevin.

Quote Originally Posted by Macca View Post
    I wear the same thing wherever I go, regardless of the heat. A bit of heat never hurt anyone, it's a pleasant change to be warm if you live in the UK. Certainly wouldn't be seen dead 'going native' as regards to dress.

If I sound like a reactionary that's probably because I am.
    Holidays are one thing, living somewhere is different.
    Kevin

Too busy enjoying the music....

European loan coordinator for Graham Slee HiFi system components..

If it's *that* hot, Kevin, I'd rather go barefoot, than wear sandals, which often just look wrong. I think you'll find that's how most of the 'locals' go around in the very hottest countries!

In the Western world, our feet spend far too much time cooped up in various kinds of shoes, so it's healthy to free them now and then. In a warm, clean and safe environment, once your skin's suitably hardened, you can pretty much walk anywhere barefoot.

After all, it's how we were born to function.

Marco.
    Main System

Quote Originally Posted by Len Co View Post
    What about suits? I was talking to a young chap the other day who thought they were the be all and end all as far as clothing goes. For me they are totally boring, especially the jackets. OK, I can see the elegance aspect in a well cut outfit on a good figure but that aside 'good' suits tend to be mostly plain and of a similar style and as I say, boring as hell.
    Again, it depends on the wearer and also the type of suit. I used to sell them, indeed managed a mens department, so know a little about the subject.

Firstly, if you're going to look good in a nice suit, it helps being tall and reasonably slim. Suits simply aren't for fatties or short-arses - and if you're the former, stay away from ones with double-breasted jackets, as they simply accentuate your, erm, 'girth', especially the pleated trousers that often go with them. Single-breasted suits are generally more flattering, especially in dark colours.

Secondly, CUT (and fit) is everything. A simply styled, well-cut suit, made from good quality material, can be extremely elegant on the right type of wearer - and that also applies to matching shirts. A poor shirt will spoil the look of a nice suit, just as much as a cheap tie.

Thirdly, accessorise well, by choosing a complimentary tie and shoes (a tip is always to spend decent money on a good tie, as cheap ones look like shit and will spoil the appearance of even the nicest suit - and most importantly, know how to tie it properly!). A good quality leather belt on trousers (the same colour) also helps, especially when you remove your jacket.

Getting the shoes right of course is also crucial, which should always be the same colour as the suit, same with socks, and always made of leather throughout (with a slight heel), and properly polished. Avoid anything pointy-toed, especially if you're a short arse, as you'll just look ridiculous. Instead opt for something more classic, like a good brogue.

If a colour contrast is sought, never do it with shoes, always with the shirt or tie. Team it all up with a nice watch and cufflinks (if a suitable shirt has been chosen), and a suit is far from boring

Marco.
    Main System

+ Reply to Thread
Page 11 of 25 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast