+ Reply to Thread
Page 20 of 25 FirstFirst ... 101819202122 ... LastLast

Thread: Don’t you just hate people who....

I'm Martin.

Quote Originally Posted by Barry View Post
    Nor do I, that's why I prefer to use a backpack or someting I can carry on my shoulder. When travelling I won't use a suitcase, much preferring a holdall which I carry with the handles over my shoulder.

Apropos drip-feed shopping: well I like to get out every day when I can to buy fresh fruit and vegetables, as well as the occasional croissant.
    I've got one of those hard shell suitcases with the wheels and the extendable handle. That was a good buy. Been all over with that and it is still as good as new.
    Current Lash Up:

TEAC VRDS 701T > Sony TAE1000ESD > Krell KSA50S > JM Labs Focal Electra 926.

I'm AudioAl'sArbiterForPISHANTO.

Quote Originally Posted by Barry View Post
    Nor do I, that's why I prefer to use a backpack or someting I can carry on my shoulder. When travelling I won't use a suitcase, much preferring a holdall which I carry with the handles over my shoulder.
    Surely that's the butler's job, old boy?

Apropos drip-feed shopping: well I like to get out every day when I can to buy fresh fruit and vegetables, as well as the occasional croissant.
    So do I, but the difference is, Del brings it back in her car after work. I phone (or email) her, tell her what's needed, and she brings it home. I detest food shopping in supermarkets (or pretty much anywhere except country markets, which are a little more exciting), so avoid it like the plague.

And if I want some exercise, I go for a walk to the local park [and frequently much further]. I don't traipse around carrying bags of shopping

Marco.
    Main System

Turntable: Heavily-modified Technics SL-1210MK5G [Mike New bearing/ETP platter/Paul Hynes SR7 PSU & reg mods]. Funk Firm APM Achromat/Nagaoka GL-601 Crystal Record Weight/Isonoe feet & boots/Ortofon RS-212D/Denon DL-103GL in Denon PCL-300 headshell with Funk Firm Houdini/Kondo SL-115 pure-silver cartridge leads.

Paul Hynes MC head amp/SR5 PSU. Also modded Lentek head amp/Denon AU-310 SUT.

Other Cartridges: Nippon Columbia (NOS 1987) Denon DL-103. USA-made Shure SC35C with NOS stylus. Goldring G820 with NOS stylus. Shure M55E with NOS stylus.

CD Player: Audiocom-modified Sony X-777ES/DAS-R1 DAC.

Tape Deck: Tandberg TCD 310, fully restored and recalibrated as new, by RDE, plus upgraded with heads from the TCD-420a. Also with matching TM4 Norway microphones.

Preamps: Heavily-modified Croft Charisma-X. LDR Stereo Coffee. Power Amps: Tube Distinctions Copper Amp fitted with Tungsol KT-150s. Quad 306.

Cables & Sundries: Mark Grant HDX1 interconnects and digital coaxial cable, plus Mark Grant 6mm UP-LCOFC Van Damme speaker cable. MCRU 'Ultimate' mains leads. Lehmann clone headphone amp with vintage Koss PRO-4AAA headphones.

Tube Distinctions digital noise filter. VPI HW16.5 record cleaning machine.

Speakers: Tannoy 15MGs in Lockwood cabinets with modified crossovers. 1967 Celestion Ditton 15.

Protect your HUMAN RIGHTS and REFUSE ANY *MANDATORY* VACCINE FOR COVID-19!

Also **SAY NO** to unjust 'vaccine passports' or certificates, which are totally incompatible with a FREE society!!!

I'm inactive.

Quote Originally Posted by Macca View Post
    Shoes with jeans. Just say no.
    Winkle Pickers with jeans? - you betcha !!

No Winkle Pickers = no Rock 'n Roll*
    No Rock 'n Roll = no R&B
    No R&B = no Sweet Soul Music
    No Rock 'n Roll or R&B or Sweet Soul Music = no British music scene worth talking about .....

Actually - both R&B AND Sweet Soul Music involved an awful lot of Jeans/Shoes combos (think sharp Italian style and mods...) ... so looks like your theory would involve the death of all that's worthwhile from British culture of the last 60 or so years

*brothel creepers also allowed in
    Last edited by mikmas; 16-06-2018 at 00:15.

I'm inactive.

I've got one of those hard shell suitcases with the wheels and the extendable handle.
    Yup - my daughter has one of those and swears by it ..... (personally I prefer a hold-all)

I'm Steve.

Quote Originally Posted by Marco View Post

Especially the bit in bold, with blue jeans! Black 'dress shoes' with blue jeans is simply hideous... Next it'll be blue jeans with a suit jacket and bright white trainers - and yes I've seen a few roasters 'cutting about' in that sexy little ensemble!!

Needless to say, they're usually always single and not in full control of their bladders.

Marco.
    Dress shoes, blue jeans and suit jacket - the Jeremy Clarkson look. One of my brothers rocks that shit, but then he likes a good fight. It's like 'here I am, and I'm wearing it. I dare you to take the piss'.
    I just dropped in, to see what condition my condition was in

T/T: Inspire Monarch, X200 tonearm, Ortofon Quintet Blue. Phono: Project Tube Box CD: Marantz CD6006 (UK Edition); Amp: Musical Fidelity A5 Integrated.
    Speakers: Zu Omen Def, REL T9i subwoofer. Cables: Atlas Equator interconnects, Atlas Hyper 3.0 speaker cables

T'other system:
    Echo Dot, Amptastic Mini One,Arcam A75 integrated, Celestion 5's, BK XLS-200 DF

A/V:
    LG 55" OLED, Panasonic Blu Ray, Sony a/v amp, MA Radius speakers, REL Storm sub

Forget the past, it's gone. And don't worry about the future, it doesn't exist. There is only NOW.

KICKSTARTER: ENABLING SCAMMERS SINCE 2009

I'm Steve.

Quote Originally Posted by CageyH View Post
    How about this for fashion?

Is this a hit, or a miss?
    He looks Mediterranean, possibly Italian, I would guess from around Tuscany, and clearly loves his food.
    I just dropped in, to see what condition my condition was in

T/T: Inspire Monarch, X200 tonearm, Ortofon Quintet Blue. Phono: Project Tube Box CD: Marantz CD6006 (UK Edition); Amp: Musical Fidelity A5 Integrated.
    Speakers: Zu Omen Def, REL T9i subwoofer. Cables: Atlas Equator interconnects, Atlas Hyper 3.0 speaker cables

T'other system:
    Echo Dot, Amptastic Mini One,Arcam A75 integrated, Celestion 5's, BK XLS-200 DF

A/V:
    LG 55" OLED, Panasonic Blu Ray, Sony a/v amp, MA Radius speakers, REL Storm sub

Forget the past, it's gone. And don't worry about the future, it doesn't exist. There is only NOW.

KICKSTARTER: ENABLING SCAMMERS SINCE 2009

Yeah, it's my brother, Bruno. He was always the slim one in the family.

Marco.
    Main System

Turntable: Heavily-modified Technics SL-1210MK5G [Mike New bearing/ETP platter/Paul Hynes SR7 PSU & reg mods]. Funk Firm APM Achromat/Nagaoka GL-601 Crystal Record Weight/Isonoe feet & boots/Ortofon RS-212D/Denon DL-103GL in Denon PCL-300 headshell with Funk Firm Houdini/Kondo SL-115 pure-silver cartridge leads.

Other Cartridges: Nippon Columbia (NOS 1987) Denon DL-103. USA-made Shure SC35C with NOS stylus. Goldring G820 with NOS stylus. Shure M55E with NOS stylus.

Tape Deck: Tandberg TCD 310, fully restored and recalibrated as new, by RDE, plus upgraded with heads from the TCD-420a. Also with matching TM4 Norway microphones.

Preamps: Heavily-modified Croft Charisma-X. LDR Stereo Coffee. Power Amps: Tube Distinctions Copper Amp fitted with Tungsol KT-150s. Quad 306.

Cables & Sundries: Mark Grant HDX1 interconnects and digital coaxial cable, plus Mark Grant 6mm UP-LCOFC Van Damme speaker cable. MCRU 'Ultimate' mains leads. Lehmann clone headphone amp with vintage Koss PRO-4AAA headphones.

Speakers: Tannoy 15MGs in Lockwood cabinets with modified crossovers. 1967 Celestion Ditton 15.

Also **SAY NO** to unjust 'vaccine passports' or certificates, which are totally incompatible with a FREE society!!!

I've got one of those hard shell suitcases with the wheels and the extendable handle. That was a good buy. Been all over with that and it is still as good as new.
    Ours are the softer, zip-up type, simply because most of the time we go on holiday, it's in the car, so they can be squeezed into a space in the boot or roof rack easier than the hard-shell type. At airports, I simply wheel them along the floor.

Del and I usually share the one large suitcase between us (I like travelling light), so there's never really lots to carry. Rucksacks are out of the question because she wouldn't want her clothes all folded up like that and squashed inside anything smaller than a proper suitcase, which allows for much neater storage of clothes.

Plus, quite often, we wrap bottles of wine up in socks, to prevent breakages, and squeeze them into gaps inside the suitcase, same with foodstuffs, as we always bring a shedload of stuff like that back from abroad, and you can't really do that with a rucksack.

I do agree though that it's easier and more comfortable to carry stuff on your back, so if we went on a walking holiday or something, a rucksack/backpack would of course be the answer

Marco.
    Main System

I'm Martin.

Quote Originally Posted by mikmas View Post
    Winkle Pickers with jeans? - you betcha !!

No Winkle Pickers = no Rock 'n Roll*
    No Rock 'n Roll = no R&B
    No R&B = no Sweet Soul Music
    No Rock 'n Roll or R&B or Sweet Soul Music = no British music scene worth talking about .....

Actually - both R&B AND Sweet Soul Music involved an awful lot of Jeans/Shoes combos (think sharp Italian style and mods...) ... so looks like your theory would involve the death of all that's worthwhile from British culture of the last 60 or so years

*brothel creepers also allowed in
    The trouble with that is the look is dated. Dress like that these days and people will just think you are Mark Lamarr
    Current Lash Up:

TEAC VRDS 701T > Sony TAE1000ESD > Krell KSA50S > JM Labs Focal Electra 926.

Indeed. Mike makes a relevant point, but I never liked that look in the first place, so wouldn't be seen dead in it now.

Marco.
    Main System

+ Reply to Thread
Page 20 of 25 FirstFirst ... 101819202122 ... LastLast